Web Analytics

Windows 10

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
Windows 10
« on: July 29, 2015, 03:42:47 PM »
So....Windows 10 was released last night.  My question is has anyone already upgraded.  If so have they had any issues?  I've heard of a few dealing with graphics cards.  I'll post the link below for what I've seen/heard.  Just wanted first hand account if anyone else has already done this upgrade.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/07/26/gamers-should-be-worried-about-windows-10-automatic-updates/

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 08:13:35 PM »
Well Im not going to now, at least till they sort that update shit out!!

If I build a pc and install or buy windows it should be up to me what goes on it updates or what ever.. that is not right.

What about people that have slow net or a cap on there bandwidth, this is just going to far. Also I read that it will deem what type of software it likes or diss likes and just uninstall it..

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 05:15:54 PM »
Well Im not going to now, at least till they sort that update shit out!!

If I build a pc and install or buy windows it should be up to me what goes on it updates or what ever.. that is not right.

What about people that have slow net or a cap on there bandwidth, this is just going to far. Also I read that it will deem what type of software it likes or diss likes and just uninstall it..

I -THINK- they sorted the update thing out.  The drivers on my graphics card just updated last night for Windows 10.  I might risk it and try the upgrade tonight.  I just didn't want to break my damn computer before the weekend.   ;D

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 01:10:48 AM »
Im not going to until I can shut all the shit off lol

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 01:17:57 AM »
Looks like there are ways to do it.  I just started the upgrade so...I'll let you know how it goes.  Either I show up tomorrow and everything is fine....I show up tomorrow and I'm pissed....or I don't show up my computer exploded.  Only choices.

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 01:24:59 PM »
Well.  The good.  The install took 40 minutes total.  Quite painless really.  Finding out what it broke was the pain.

The bad.  It uninstalled the sound drivers.  It uninstalled my graphics drivers and it uninstalled my command center for alienware.  Good thing...it reinstalled my graphics card drivers.  But...I had to reinstall my sound card drivers and my command center.  I haven't checked EVERYTHING yet but I will say this.  I feels smoother than 7 does. 

Also, I ran DayZ (Without sound) and it ran beautifully.  It auto unparks the cores for you as you need them.  Pretty sweet.

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 04:59:46 PM »
really what ver of windows 10 do you have?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:18:34 PM by 2yys »

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 04:21:49 PM »
Hello Mord you there?

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 09:46:28 PM »
Hello Mord you there?

Hell no I'm not here.  I'm over there!  And, sorry for not responding.  I've been busy the last few days.  I have Windows 10 home version.  I had the home version on my original PC.  So far I like it.  It's odd searching for stuff on the PC but I'm getting use to that.  Otherwise, it feels like Windows 7 but with a few bells and whistles from 8 that were decent.

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 12:27:21 AM »
What about the updates?

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 08:54:38 PM »
What do you mean regarding the updates?  They are fine for me right now.  You can change how you receive them.  They have the option enabled that you already 'share' the updates with others.  Meaning, people would stream the update from your PC after you get it.  You can change it so it just comes to you BUT it shares the update with computers in your network for faster downloads but doesn't go to anyone else. 

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 12:19:54 AM »
No no I mean this. Windows 10 Home users will have updates from Windows Update automatically available, the Descriptions page explains. "Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise users will have the ability to defer updates."

The wording is a bit vague especially the term "automatically available." But assuming I'm reading it correctly, the option to defer or delay updates will not be present in Windows 10 Home edition, only in Windows 10 Professional and Enterprise. And for some users, that might be a problem "Like me!".

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 11:41:33 PM »
No no I mean this. Windows 10 Home users will have updates from Windows Update automatically available, the Descriptions page explains. "Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise users will have the ability to defer updates."

The wording is a bit vague especially the term "automatically available." But assuming I'm reading it correctly, the option to defer or delay updates will not be present in Windows 10 Home edition, only in Windows 10 Professional and Enterprise. And for some users, that might be a problem "Like me!".

The updates are automatic on Windows 10.  However, you can completely disable updates but...if you leave them disabled to long from what I understand Windows will register this and send it back to Microsoft and your version will cease to receive updates period.  Not sure if that's completely true as I've heard different versions of this from different people.  I'll be honest I've never disabled updates on my windows machines.  I've never had an issue with it. 

One-Offf Donations

Your help keeps us going!

Donor Subscriptions (NEW!)

Monthly Subscribers make much better Lovers!

Subscribe Here

Teamspeak 3 Server

IP > ts3.petuniaserver.com

Recent

Discord

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 12, 2019, 02:30:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2318
  • Total Topics: 407
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 69
  • (June 22, 2014, 07:48:41 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9