Web Analytics

Event June 15th 2014

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
Event June 15th 2014
« on: June 10, 2014, 11:30:51 PM »
I think I have this sucker figured out.  Here's what I propose.  The event is a hostage rescue.  A large group of bandits have taken hostages.  (Checking to see if 2yy/Mike want to be hostages as well). 

Your job if you chose to accept it is to rescue the hostages from their captives and take them from the enemy base which will be located on the map and transport them to Skalisty Island.  If you accidently shoot a hostage you are disqualified.  This is a hostage rescue after all!  Check your aim.  Your job is to rescue them, not eliminate them.  For the team or person who ends up rescuing a hostage you will get an option upon returning the hostages to Skalisty Island.

You can choose between a special vehicle that doesn't spawn on the map at all with a key to match to keep it locked up safe.  Or....your hostage joins your team on the next full reboot or a time that works for both parties involved.  Before you dismiss this particular choice you have the choice of the following hostage teammates for the full 3-4 hour server up time.

1. The Medic - The medic is special in that he will not carry a single weapon.  However, the flip side is this particular guy can take a lot of punishment even under heavy fire.  Even if the bullets keep hitting him he refuses to go down.  He carries a ton of medical gear to keep you and your team alive and well as long as you have bullets to throw down range he has medical gear to keep your blood up.

2. The Scout - As the name implies this guy is all about recon and knowledge.  He carries a sniper rifle to help support your team in the field, however, unlike the medic he is like your average every day survivor.  He can't take the same punishment the medic can. The flip side is he has a sixth sense on enemy locations and will readily give that information to you so you don't walk into an ambush. He can even tell you which way the enemy is facing or if they're moving at a known location.

3.  The Heavy - This one is your heavy support soldier.  He can't see where enemies are like the scout or carry a ton of medical supplies and take a lot of damage like the doctor.  However, what he lacks in those two departments he makes up for in heavy firepower.  When normal survivors and bandits would run out of ammo he just seems to have one more mag in his bag.  He unleashes tons of rounds down range to keep the bandits and zombies busy while your team and move freely.  Plus, due to his training he doesn't seem to suffer from weight load meaning if it fits in his bag he can carry it and move without worries of passing out. 

The roles above would be played by an admin...either myself, 2yy, or Mike for the full 4 hour run.  There is one catch to this particular reward, none of those roles will fire at other players UNLESS fired upon.  Meaning they will only RETURN fire and not engage players unless forced to defend themselves.  Also, should the scout or heavy die that doesn't mean the end of it.  You can always pick them back up and resume your normal operations.  It's a check and balance for each role and what they bring to the table.

Well, what do you think guys?  Any questions?  Do you like the idea?  Or do you have suggestions?  I'm all ears.

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
Re: Event June 15th 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 11:57:49 PM »
I love this... Im down count me in!
I think I have this sucker figured out.  Here's what I propose.  The event is a hostage rescue.  A large group of bandits have taken hostages.  (Checking to see if 2yy/Mike want to be hostages as well). 

Your job if you chose to accept it is to rescue the hostages from their captives and take them from the enemy base which will be located on the map and transport them to Skalisty Island.  If you accidently shoot a hostage you are disqualified.  This is a hostage rescue after all!  Check your aim.  Your job is to rescue them, not eliminate them.  For the team or person who ends up rescuing a hostage you will get an option upon returning the hostages to Skalisty Island.

You can choose between a special vehicle that doesn't spawn on the map at all with a key to match to keep it locked up safe.  Or....your hostage joins your team on the next full reboot or a time that works for both parties involved.  Before you dismiss this particular choice you have the choice of the following hostage teammates for the full 3-4 hour server up time.

1. The Medic - The medic is special in that he will not carry a single weapon.  However, the flip side is this particular guy can take a lot of punishment even under heavy fire.  Even if the bullets keep hitting him he refuses to go down.  He carries a ton of medical gear to keep you and your team alive and well as long as you have bullets to throw down range he has medical gear to keep your blood up.

2. The Scout - As the name implies this guy is all about recon and knowledge.  He carries a sniper rifle to help support your team in the field, however, unlike the medic he is like your average every day survivor.  He can't take the same punishment the medic can. The flip side is he has a sixth sense on enemy locations and will readily give that information to you so you don't walk into an ambush. He can even tell you which way the enemy is facing or if they're moving at a known location.

3.  The Heavy - This one is your heavy support soldier.  He can't see where enemies are like the scout or carry a ton of medical supplies and take a lot of damage like the doctor.  However, what he lacks in those two departments he makes up for in heavy firepower.  When normal survivors and bandits would run out of ammo he just seems to have one more mag in his bag.  He unleashes tons of rounds down range to keep the bandits and zombies busy while your team and move freely.  Plus, due to his training he doesn't seem to suffer from weight load meaning if it fits in his bag he can carry it and move without worries of passing out. 

The roles above would be played by an admin...either myself, 2yy, or Mike for the full 4 hour run.  There is one catch to this particular reward, none of those roles will fire at other players UNLESS fired upon.  Meaning they will only RETURN fire and not engage players unless forced to defend themselves.  Also, should the scout or heavy die that doesn't mean the end of it.  You can always pick them back up and resume your normal operations.  It's a check and balance for each role and what they bring to the table.

Well, what do you think guys?  Any questions?  Do you like the idea?  Or do you have suggestions?  I'm all ears.

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 03:28:01 PM »
Okay everyone asks for events every weekend! Then why is no one posting on here about this sweet event??

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 03:33:09 PM »
Am going to send a forum announcement to all with a link to this thread... but if there's no reply, I don't think we'll be having an event :S

Events are a lot of work for admins folks but we're REALLY happy to do them if people want em!

BUT if no one posts, seems like no one is really that bothered... Soooooo it's up to you :D Want an event? Please post asap here!

Offline [CES]Pvt. Parts

• +0/-0
  • New Servivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 03:46:59 PM »
I'm down! Sounds awesome

Offline Gilberto0890

• +14/-1
  • New Servivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 04:48:36 PM »
I'm down!! I want to play!! GO TEAM BANDITS!!!

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 05:07:37 PM »
Cool - that's a start :D Thanks guys!

Looks like the event may be on after all!

Offline Ambion

• +649/-1
  • New Servivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 05:11:22 PM »
Yeah I would also love an event, So would Optimus, He currently not on atm tho

Offline John

• Awsome Dayz guy
  • +0/-1
  • PoC We are not all bandits!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 05:30:39 PM »
I'm TOTALY up for an even I just keep losin connection to ts and can't rejoin if you could help I REALY want to do the event
John :D

Offline Bradley

• +2/-0
  • Zombie Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 12:24:32 AM »
I would like for the event to be another day, because father's day is on Sunday.

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 03:10:44 AM »
Hmm.  Bradley brings up a good point.  Father's Day is on Sunday.  I always handle that a day earlier than most people to avoid the crowds.  Perhaps we should push it off until the following weekend so there isn't a holiday going on.

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 09:59:55 AM »
Yea I forgot all about that!!  :-\

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 10:02:36 AM »
Good point!!!

We should add a vote maybe?

Offline Gilberto0890

• +14/-1
  • New Servivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 04:01:02 PM »
how about today?

Offline Ambion

• +649/-1
  • New Servivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 04:28:27 PM »
Yeah today seems good for me, how about everyone else?

One-Offf Donations

Your help keeps us going!

Donor Subscriptions (NEW!)

Monthly Subscribers make much better Lovers!

Subscribe Here

Teamspeak 3 Server

IP > ts3.petuniaserver.com

Recent

Discord

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2019, 05:24:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2318
  • Total Topics: 409
  • Online Today: 13
  • Online Ever: 69
  • (June 22, 2014, 07:48:41 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12