Web Analytics

Fix For Problems Joining Server - Read if you havin issues

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
Hey all,

EDIT - THIS IS OLD CONTENT - WE'RE NOW RUNNING THE LATEST VERSIONS
So Steam & DayZ Commander have been updating the Arma Beta version on PCs, to the latest version - which is causing issues as there are big problems with the latest Arma Beta and DayZ EPOCH...

Recommendations are that EPOCH server owners hold-off and don't update to the new Beta just yet, or it will cause a big headache!

HOW TO FIX YOUR DAYZ SO YOU CAN JOIN OUR SERVER :)

First off, if your DayZ Beta version didn't update and you can currently join our server, you're all good (if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!)

HOWEVER if you are having problems, especially 'bad version' and/or reports of 'version 1.6' etc, then the below instructions are for you! (It's easy & painless, don't worry!):

Hey :)

Sorry for late reply - lots of work at moment, crazy busy :S

Re: Arma version - nope :( Unfortunately Steam updated to the new Beta patch (commander did yesterday too) BUT there's a problem with the new Beta that breaks some shit in DayZ :(

So most servers are holding off until the issue with the new beta is fixed.

I want to make a forum post about this, but am really busy at work at mo :( - Fuckit, lol, I'll write it below for you then copy/paste onto a forum post :D

Here's what to do....

* Close Arma/DayZ COMPLETELY (not just go to lobby, shut the game down)

* Head to here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion

* DELETE the folder called 'Beta'

* Download the zip file for version: 103718 From: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php (direct download for right file is: http://www.arma2.com/downloads/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_103718.zip )

* Unzip

* Double click on the 'ARMA2_OA_Build_103718' file - this will install the correct beta version. If Windows say's something about not installed properly and needs to re-install, select Yes to reinstall and let it do it's thing ;)

* All done - just don't let commander OR steam update your Arma beta after that for now.

I'll announce on the forums when we've updated the arma beta, which will be when it's safe and working properly with DayZ :)

Hope that helps guys! Comment below with any issues ;)

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 12:41:25 PM by Mike »

Offline Gilberto0890

• +14/-1
  • New Servivor
    • View Profile
Re: Fix For Problems Joining Server - Read if you havin issues
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 04:35:15 PM »
for me, I just dint make the update in dayz commander. stay in update 103718. do not update in dayz commander 112555.

Offline BLackThunder

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 11:26:36 AM »
It wont let me downgrade. So should I just reinstall or is this something that will clear up soon?

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 12:40:23 PM »
Downgrade?

You shouldn't need to downgrade as we're running the latest versions I think?

What version are you running - is it cauing problems?

DayZ Commander isn't compatible with the latest steam version I don't think - you won't be able to join our server through it until they update their beta version (not even sure they will!).

The best bet is to find us via the steam lobby - OR - better still, use our batch launcher files.

Hope this helps - let me know if you're having issues and I'll try to help :)

Edit: JUST noticed which thread you posted this to black - sorry man, this is an old thread, we're all up to date now :)

I've editing the OP with a note to stop anyone else seeing it and getting confused etc ;)

It wont let me downgrade. So should I just reinstall or is this something that will clear up soon?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 12:42:30 PM by Mike »

One-Offf Donations

Your help keeps us going!

Donor Subscriptions (NEW!)

Monthly Subscribers make much better Lovers!

Subscribe Here

Teamspeak 3 Server

IP > ts3.petuniaserver.com

Recent

Discord

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 03, 2020, 07:43:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2318
  • Total Topics: 407
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 815
  • (January 22, 2020, 10:33:32 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18