Web Analytics

IMPORTANT - Got a Base OR a Vehicle? READ THIS!

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
IMPORTANT - Got a Base OR a Vehicle? READ THIS!
« on: November 01, 2013, 09:44:54 PM »
Our database is getting rather full... Several thousand items (cars/buildables etc) in there.

In fact, so much so that we need to act. We need to remove old, unused bases, and delete abandoned cars.

Without this, the server will start to LAG, and NO new cars will spawn (global limit reached for the map).

So, here is what's happening!

BASES:

* All bases need to be registered, or they will be DELETE within one week.

* Once you register your base, we will create a new forum thread for your base (coordinates kept private!), and you MUST post in that thread ONCE PER MONTH, or risk having your base DELETED. (Note: If you're going on holiday, let us know and we'll relax these rules for the duration of your holiday).

Deletions happen on a weekly bases, every Saturday (or Sunday if we're busy!)

VEHICLES:

* Using an AUTOMATED database query, ANY LOCKED vehicle NOT used in the last 30 days will be automatically unlocked, and turned into a vehicle that doesn't need a key!

* Any vehicles not used in the last 37 days will be DELETED! - This is to ensure that new vehicles spawn. There are WAYYYYY too many abandoned vehicles, and it's stopping new ones spawning (The lack of tow trucks at the moment is caused in part by this!)

NOTE: The best way to be SAFE, and make SURE your vehicle doesn't get deleted is to go into the vehicle, and put something IN THE GEAR - this forces the database to update, and logs the time - meaning it won't be deleted.

So, please REGISTER YOUR BASES HERE: http://www.petuniaserver.com/base-registration/

M'kay?

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 03:51:23 AM by 6 »

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
Re: IMPORTANT - Got a Base OR a Vehicle? READ THIS!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 06:30:42 PM »
We will get our base registered right away.

Do we need to list all our members?  ???

Our database is getting rather full... Several thousand items (cars/buildables etc) in there.

In fact, so much so that we need to act. We need to remove old, unused bases, and delete abandoned cars.

Without this, the server will start to LAG, and NO new cars will spawn (global limit reached for the map).

BASES:

* Once you register your base, we will create a new forum thread for your base (coordinates kept private!), and you MUST post in that thread ONCE PER MONTH, or risk having your base DELETED. (Note: If you're going on holiday, let us know and we'll relax these rules for the duration of your holiday).

VEHICLES:

* Using an AUTOMATED database query, ANY LOCKED vehicle NOT used in the last 30 days will be automatically unlocked, and turned into a vehicle that doesn't need a key!

* Any vehicles not used in the last 37 days will be DELETED! - This is to ensure that new vehicles spawn. There are WAYYYYY too many abandoned vehicles, and it's stopping new ones spawning (The lack of tow trucks at the moment is caused in part by this!)

NOTE: The best way to be SAFE, and make SURE your vehicle doesn't get deleted is to go into the vehicle, and put something IN THE GEAR - this forces the database to update, and logs the time - meaning it won't be deleted.

<span style="color:red">So, please REGISTER YOUR BASES HERE: <a href="http://www.petuniaserver.com/base-registration/" class="bbcode_url">;http://www.petuniaserver.com/base-registration/[/url]

M'kay?

</span>

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 06:36:43 PM »
Hey 2yys :)

You only need to list the members that you'd like to approve for posting 'Active' once a month to your base thread :D

We will get our base registered right away.

Do we need to list all our members?  ???

BASES:

VEHICLES:

<span style="color:red">So, please REGISTER YOUR BASES HERE: <a href="http://www.petuniaserver.com/base-registration/" class="bbcode_url">;http://www.petuniaserver.com/base-registration/[/url]

M'kay?

</span>

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 05:01:15 AM »
Sweet, done deal Shane did the registration.

savedbygrace

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 10:25:08 PM »
Hmm, I don't actually have anything built at the moment but I have set a safe up in the woods and surrounded it with my purchased vehicles(4). Does that still require me to report it? And when is the deadline, because I am currently scouting for a location to begin construction on an actual structure?

savedbygrace

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 11:36:51 PM »
Perhaps this should be a sticky?

I can't remember if I messaged you guys with the necessary info or not on my base area. When is the next deadline?

Would it be too much to ask you guys to change that log in message to reflect the next deadline to have this done. So folks can have that daily reminder?

Shane

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 11:59:26 PM »
are we supposed to have our own thread or where to we post to make sure we dont log on to the apocalypse lol.

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 01:40:33 AM »
Hey all!

This thread is a sticky - but I think there's a few stickies! I'll have to do a sticky cull (why does that sound so horrible?!)

We'll be making the base threads this weekend for everyone :) And will post more stuff soon about the base clearing.

The next base clearing will be AFTER the weekend coming, and we'll give a warning first.

Sorry I've not been on much these last few days - I have a big business show to go to in London this Thurs/Fri, and have been preparing for ages - From the weekend onwards I'll be about more!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 01:46:58 AM by Mike »

Shane

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 02:59:34 AM »
sweet

savedbygrace

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 08:39:01 PM »
Just a reminder to all to update your stuff.

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 12:57:41 AM »
Very good point! Beans to you my friend!
Just a reminder to all to update your stuff.

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 01:30:44 PM »
BUMP - A reminder about this!

READ the first post again everyone... NOTE: Be SURE you have put some gear in your vehicle recently OR UNUSED VEHICLES WILL BE WIPED AFTER 30DAYS.

READ the first post!...

PUT SOMETHING IN THE GEAR - ANYTHING, this will cause the LastUpdated column in our database to be updated.

If you don't do this, you WILL loose the vehicles.

One-Offf Donations

Your help keeps us going!

Donor Subscriptions (NEW!)

Monthly Subscribers make much better Lovers!

Subscribe Here

Teamspeak 3 Server

IP > ts3.petuniaserver.com

Recent

Discord

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 04, 2020, 09:15:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2318
  • Total Topics: 407
  • Online Today: 29
  • Online Ever: 815
  • (January 22, 2020, 10:33:32 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19