Web Analytics

URGENT - DELETING YOUR Bases and Vehicles SOON - Please Read!!!

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
So we have over 13'000 objects in our object_data SQL table alone...

Don't know what this means? Basically LOOOOONG reboot times, more lag on the server and issues that arise from the lag. PLUS with all the unused vehicles keeping us at the max vehicle count, NO NEW VEHICLES are spawning :(

We've previously tried to think about this issue (http://www.petuniaserver.com/forums/news-updates/important-got-a-base-or-a-vehicle-read-this!/) but we've now launched something that WILL fix this...

Be afraid... Be VERY afriad!

New System For Bases:
-------------

* We have enabled building maintenance
* You MUST put a plot pole in the middle of your building (not required to build but IS required to maintain!)
* You MUST look at the plot pole, scroll select 'Maintain Area' and click on it
* This will update ALL your build objects (yes we added the custom buildings from the donor shop etc!)

How Often You Need to do This:
---------------------------------

* Ideally, once per week (to be sure you're safe!)
* This is because every day we check for ANY building NOT updated for the last 30 days - and DELETE IT.

So, you 'could' get away with updating it once a month.. ideally I'd say try to do it once a week, once every 2 weeks at the longest.

If you're going away for a while - holiday etc:
---------------------------------------------

The plot pole does NOT have to be yours - and anyone can look at your plot pole and maintain for you - so ask a friend or, as a LAST RESORT, PM an admin and ask if they can do your 'maintain area' task for the few weeks you're away.

When does this base wiping start?:
----------------------

Players have ONE WEEK to do their first maintain - meaning in ONE WEEK we will delete ANY base NOT updated by the maintain area task detailed above.

If you can't make it on, ask a friend to do this OR ask an admin to do this.

ENFORCING OLD SYSTEM FOR VEHICLES:
-------------

Vehicles were explained in detail here: http://www.petuniaserver.com/forums/news-updates/important-got-a-base-or-a-vehicle-read-this!/ and this has not changed.

Basically...

* You MUST put something in your vehicles gear frequently.
* Every day, we run a check for vehicles not updated in over 30 days - and DELETE them.
* As with plot pole, you should do this once a week or at least once every 2 weeks

When is the vehicle wipe starting?:
-----------------------------------

IMMEDIATELY! later TODAY we will be DELETING any vehicle that has not been updated in 30 days (we've been warning about this for ages, see: http://www.petuniaserver.com/forums/news-updates/important-got-a-base-or-a-vehicle-read-this!/)

AT THE CURRENT COUNT we will be deleting OVER 100 VEHICLES!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were warned! -

Note, ALL you need to do is:

1) look at a plot pole in your base every couple of weeks and scroll to 'maintain area'
2) Put something in the gear of each of your vehicles every couple of weeks.

The result of this is that we will have a server that has LESS LAG, runs smoother, has SHORTER REBOOTS and also has MORE VEHICLE spawns :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

savedbygrace

Re: URGENT - DELETING YOUR Bases and Vehicles SOON - Please Read!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 07:55:27 PM »
This is great! I've been wondering why I have seen no vehicles spawning but see old vehicles that have been around since my join date. Tired of seeing the abandoned vehicles everywhere. Great effort Mike and team!

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 11:34:06 PM »
Thanks Saved by grace :D

Hopefully we've come up with a solution that keeps our players happy but also allows new vehicles to spawn for new folks :) Plus keeps the lag down :D

Thanks for your post, feedback really helps us to know when we've come up with a good idea, or just annoyed everyone, lol :D

This is great! I've been wondering why I have seen no vehicles spawning but see old vehicles that have been around since my join date. Tired of seeing the abandoned vehicles everywhere. Great effort Mike and team!

Offline Pip

• +24/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 07:20:50 AM »
This could suck badly for me... My play time varies and with wifey about to hatch out the little one, I could be gone for a bit longer than usual without notice.  I miss you guys, I've been really busy lately with life stuff like work, work, work, work, work, work, and getting ready for baby.
Hope to have some free time soon.

-Pip
Give Pip something with a barrel on it, and he will slap Bitches with it.
-Bobthethurd

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 10:50:20 AM »
Pip, I'm sure between me & the other admins, we could scroll wheel on your plot pole for you when you need it if you just ping us a PM or something?- only takes us 2 misn to TP there and scroll wheel ;)

Would that help?

This could suck badly for me... My play time varies and with wifey about to hatch out the little one, I could be gone for a bit longer than usual without notice.  I miss you guys, I've been really busy lately with life stuff like work, work, work, work, work, work, and getting ready for baby.
Hope to have some free time soon.

-Pip

savedbygrace

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 05:15:08 AM »
In a worse case scenario, you could place a plot pole on the exterior portion of your wall, and one of us other players could stop in to maintain the area for you as well. So long as we know where your base is.

Offline brendan

• +17/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 08:23:27 PM »
i might need admins to place the plot pole and maintain it for me b/c i am currently busy with irl things like baseball and homework and i really only post whilst im at school l ;D l so i wont be able to get on for a while :'(

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 08:28:05 PM »
Good idea :)

I overrode the default distance covered to be 250mtrs, so that would work :)

In a worse case scenario, you could place a plot pole on the exterior portion of your wall, and one of us other players could stop in to maintain the area for you as well. So long as we know where your base is.

savedbygrace

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 05:23:49 AM »
Does it count when one player places a plot pole for another players placed items to simply maintain it?

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 07:52:14 PM »
Yup :) The only potential issue with this would be if another player had a plot pole nearby as it may then stop the 2nd player placing a plot pole.

But basically, any player can scroll wheel on any plot pole and will with update all buildables within 250 mtrs of that pole :)

Does it count when one player places a plot pole for another players placed items to simply maintain it?

Offline Fleck

• +2/-0
  • Boy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 12:32:14 AM »
Oh man. I done f'ed it up. It has been a few months since I'v been on and none of my Friends have either. So I didn't even see this was going to happen. What I'm trying to say is I prefer to not have a empty space where my base was. Not sure if I could get any help on that.

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 11:27:40 PM »
Ouch!

The way EPOCH stores stuff (tied to characterIDs that change of death not playeruid that doesn't), we can't restore it - sorry Fleck :(

We did send multiple emails our warning before hand...

What I can do, if it helps at all, is give you a box of building supplies? With the snap building on these days, it's much quicker to build.

Sorry I can't help more than that :(

Oh man. I done f'ed it up. It has been a few months since I'v been on and none of my Friends have either. So I didn't even see this was going to happen. What I'm trying to say is I prefer to not have a empty space where my base was. Not sure if I could get any help on that.

Offline Fleck

• +2/-0
  • Boy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 12:28:32 AM »
That would be awesome! The base itself wasn't very large in size. Just the gear I had in there is what I miss. If it wouldn't be a major pain in the ass for you guys it would be awesome to just rebuild it quickly.

-TY

Offline Fleck

• +2/-0
  • Boy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 12:44:00 AM »
So after a little more thought and talking with my friends who also play the server, and we decided that we don't really care all the much that the gear. EXCEPT our clothes XD. Again, if it wouldn't be a pain in the ass it'd be awesome if we could setup again.

With so much gear after a long period time you get a little bored, so honestly this is fresh start and a new incentive to hop back on. Thanks again.

Offline brendan

• +17/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 05:17:30 AM »
goodbye all of my things i was busy with irl things for the past three weeks and i have not been able to play so all of my things are gone :(

One-Offf Donations

Your help keeps us going!

Donor Subscriptions (NEW!)

Monthly Subscribers make much better Lovers!

Subscribe Here

Teamspeak 3 Server

IP > ts3.petuniaserver.com

Recent

Discord

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2019, 04:10:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2318
  • Total Topics: 407
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 69
  • (June 22, 2014, 07:48:41 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19