Web Analytics

Poll

Should Raiding Bases be Allowed?

Yes - keep it realistic!
1 (6.3%)
Yes - BUT ONLY if someone is IN THE BASE! - NO attacking bases when a player is offline
7 (43.8%)
Noooooo! I spent ages on my base dammit!
7 (43.8%)
Hmmmm, I'm on the fence on this one
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

VOTE!!! - Base Raiding Allowed or Not?

Offline Ghost6

• Major
  • +6/-1
  • Major Ghost
    • View Profile

Offline brendan

• +17/-26
    • View Profile
Re: VOTE!!! - Base Raiding Allowed or Not?
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 07:24:01 PM »
Yes - BUT ONLY if someone is IN THE BASE! - NO attacking bases when a player is offline

this seems very resonable you cant complain that all of your stuff is lost if you were not skilled enough to defend it

just my 2cents

Offline Pip

• +24/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 10:02:59 PM »
.!..(^_^)..!.

Nice try mike.......  :)
Give Pip something with a barrel on it, and he will slap Bitches with it.
-Bobthethurd

Offline mbaker410

• +7/-1
  • New Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 07:28:21 PM »
I vote for yes if there is a player in the base. Keep in mind that I don't plan on raiding bases and I have more than enough lot to lose. I understand where those who do not want base raiding are coming from as well. The reason I stayed on this server was for the indestructible bases and the fact that I did not want to lose anything that I have spent so much time on.

The reason I am not concerned about my loot is because I have built my base so that no one can get in via a legitimate way or a glitch. So I think that is a very important piece of the puzzle. I think some people have built bases just to store loot and not to defend against attack or to protect their gear or maybe you have. If you have spent enough time building it so that no one can get in then you don't have to worry.

I know of a few bases with exposed sheds out in the open with gear in them (good gear too). In that situation I would not even consider that a base raid just bad decision making. To me that is the same as leaving a tent full of gear in the woods and expecting no one to take anything from it.

The only part that I think might be confusing is how will you know if someone is in their base? I could be inside my base and no one can see me so not sure how someone would know if I was in there. Also how would a new player know who's base it is and if that player is online?

In terms of the admins and dealing with complaints about missing gear. If someone raids your base and takes your loot it is highly unlikely that they will take everything inside of your sheds and the like. So it should be obvious that someone has either raided you or it was a glitch. The admins can help alleviate the complaints by putting a policy in place that would state "you" the player are responsible for building your base in a way that protects and secures your loot. If you leave the door open, leave sheds and other storage structures prone to be raided it is on you. If you have high value gear that you want safe put it in a safe. It is much more difficult to get gear from a safe unless you are hacking. You can also put in your regulations that all safes are not to be raided. It is not very difficult to replace gear on this server and would only take a couple of missions to replace most gear. So I am not sure why it would be too much of a heartache if you lost certain weapons or gear.

I want this to go through for the excitement of defending my base from attack. That's why I built it the way I did. So I am looking forward to bandit attack and it has already happened to Smokiee at our base a couple of times and it is exciting. Remember you will always have the advantage on your attacker as long as you have chosen a good location for your base with the proper defense measures.

That is just my .02 cents.

Thanks,

Mike

Offline HavoK

• +3/-0
  • New Servivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 02:10:31 PM »
I need more firepower then,  :o

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2014, 11:45:39 PM »
Decision on this has been made for now...

NO base raiding.

UNLESS specific base owners opt-in to base raiding!

Use this thread to opt-in, BOTH parties (both clans/bases) must opt-in to be able to raid bases.

Check out this thread and be SURE to read the sticky for rules etc!

http://www.petuniaserver.com/forums/base-raiding-opt-in-board/

One-Offf Donations

Your help keeps us going!

Donor Subscriptions (NEW!)

Monthly Subscribers make much better Lovers!

Subscribe Here

Teamspeak 3 Server

IP > ts3.petuniaserver.com

Recent

Discord

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 03, 2020, 08:42:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2318
  • Total Topics: 407
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 815
  • (January 22, 2020, 10:33:32 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17