Web Analytics

Poll

Should Raiding Bases be Allowed?

Yes - keep it realistic!
1 (6.3%)
Yes - BUT ONLY if someone is IN THE BASE! - NO attacking bases when a player is offline
7 (43.8%)
Noooooo! I spent ages on my base dammit!
7 (43.8%)
Hmmmm, I'm on the fence on this one
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

VOTE!!! - Base Raiding Allowed or Not?

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
VOTE!!! - Base Raiding Allowed or Not?
« on: February 05, 2014, 12:29:49 PM »
Sooo guys, it's crunch time!

DO we allow base raiding?

Based on your points in the previous discussion thread, I've added an option for 'Yes but only if the player is in their base' as some of you may want base raiding as part of the PvP option, but not when people are offline.

Sooo - cast ya votes here (Only 1 vote per person, but you CAN change your vote).

Feel free to discuss too :)

CAST YOUR VOTE

Shane

Re: VOTE!!! - Base Raiding Allowed or Not?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 02:16:46 PM »
Realism aside think bases should essentially be safe zones. Everyone works there ass off and puts so much time into them.  Everywhere else in the map is pvp I dint really see the need. It seems to me that most player's bases I've been in have their valuables hidden usually behind like 4 locked doors. So raiding the base would not be gaining anything other then the animosity of the player your raiding.  It will Be just a grief tool at that point, going in Blowing up cars and helis and not gaining anything for their own survival.  That's my 2 cents anyways.

Shane

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 05:16:01 PM »
Bump

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 07:23:02 PM »
Realism aside think bases should essentially be safe zones. Everyone works there ass off and puts so much time into them.  Everywhere else in the map is pvp I dint really see the need. It seems to me that most player's bases I've been in have their valuables hidden usually behind like 4 locked doors. So raiding the base would not be gaining anything other then the animosity of the player your raiding.  It will Be just a grief tool at that point, going in Blowing up cars and helis and not gaining anything for their own survival.  That's my 2 cents anyways.
I agree with Shane on this one. You won't be on u log in all your guns and cars are gone 1st thing your going to do is place a bug/glitch report or ask us to replace it all!! Bases should be a off limits!!!

Offline Pip

• +24/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 08:21:23 PM »
Personally, and I don't know if this is how anyone else feels, but if I log in and everything I've spent months doing is gone, I will simply log out and find another server.
I love the petunia server, but right now, I'm not a donator (hope to change that soon) so there's no attachment to the server outside of the stuff I have and the people on there. I lose enough of either of those 2 assets, I have no reason to stay.
People spend a LOT of time on their bases and on getting money to buy stuff for their bases.
Keep them off limits. We may need to discuss option engagements if someone starts shooting from inside their base, but that's another topic.
For this one, I've spoken my mind.
Give Pip something with a barrel on it, and he will slap Bitches with it.
-Bobthethurd

Shane

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 08:34:39 PM »
Thanks pip. I agree with u there lol

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 08:45:08 PM »
Personally, and I don't know if this is how anyone else feels, but if I log in and everything I've spent months doing is gone, I will simply log out and find another server.
I love the petunia server, but right now, I'm not a donator (hope to change that soon) so there's no attachment to the server outside of the stuff I have and the people on there. I lose enough of either of those 2 assets, I have no reason to stay.
People spend a LOT of time on their bases and on getting money to buy stuff for their bases.
Keep them off limits. We may need to discuss option engagements if someone starts shooting from inside their base, but that's another topic.
For this one, I've spoken my mind.
Yes well said Pip!

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 09:51:04 PM »
Great votes & feedback so far guys :D

A quick question then.

I've been asked by a player recently, if the vote goes NO base raiding, does that include not shooting into a players base to kill them (they meant, shooting a player dead - sniping I guess - but not attacking their base).

We need to get thoughts on that - and also when IS it okay to shoot into a base (for example, if you're walking/driving past someone's base and they shoot at you, kill one of your team mates etc... what then?).

Just want to get some solid rules in place so that we can nip any problems in the bud :)

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 10:23:32 PM »
I feel if some one shoot at you from a base, returning fire is just self defience.

Shane

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 10:25:30 PM »
If it goes no (and i hope it does) I would say no to base shooting because there is no point in it besides getting a cheap kill and it will just cause rage. Bases all in all should be a safe zone unless ur trespassing.

I feel that you should not be able to kill for the same reasons you cant be shot in your base. It would be retarded to be safe in ur base but able to shoot passerbys. There would just be grief all around. This way if someone does kill someone like that they can report it to us and we can take a look into it and go from there.

lastly so long as they arent base camping and trying to just be an asshole like we have seen in the past then I dont care lol. But if patterns develope then we as admins would then have to step in.

Again this is all just my 2cents and you guys should put ur own opinions down.

Offline Free

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 01:41:08 AM »
If it goes no (and i hope it does) I would say no to base shooting because there is no point in it besides getting a cheap kill and it will just cause rage. Bases all in all should be a safe zone unless ur trespassing.

I feel that you should not be able to kill for the same reasons you cant be shot in your base. It would be retarded to be safe in ur base but able to shoot passerbys. There would just be grief all around. This way if someone does kill someone like that they can report it to us and we can take a look into it and go from there.

lastly so long as they arent base camping and trying to just be an asshole like we have seen in the past then I dont care lol. But if patterns develope then we as admins would then have to step in.

Again this is all just my 2cents and you guys should put ur own opinions down.

I see no difference in sniping someone who is in their base and base raiding. I was on the fence before, but after thinking about it more and reading the post, I say base is a safe zone. This includes trying to take of in a heli and some asshole not blowing me out of the sky while camping.

Plus I've got MTV cribs coming over to check my shit out, yo!

savedbygrace

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 01:45:29 AM »
I think base camping is the key phrase here. All it would take is one player to wait for you to walk outside of your base and before you can lock your door, a shot in the head will give them an opportunity to steal your key, current vehicle you are leaving in and raid your base without anyone being the wiser. Let's face it, even if bases remain off limits there will always be those snarling devil dogs who, like attorneys, look for loop holes through the law. It's a PVP server now, is that not enough? Just leave the bases alone for pity sake.

BUT there is a huge gray area here as well. Those lazy builders who construct bases in towns while blocking loot structures will slip through a loop hole and stake claims on a valuable portion or real estate that new spawns or survivors have a right to exploit. They need to be evicted and forced to relocate out of loot structures.

Some players could easily leave their base doors open to bait survivors in and then take em out as they enter. That's why there should be no entrance period.

So rules, perhaps?
#1 Live fire/melee engagements are discouraged when the base owner is within 25 meters of his/her base AND any visible door is open.
#2 Absolutely NO entering of any base that is not built by you without permission from the owner.
#3 No firing upon a base or it's occupant(s) unless in self defense.
#4 No blocking loot structures with player built objects.

Pip has it right though, without Petunia law, it will quickly revert to just another server. No threat intended there Mike, and the other two admins, what were their names?  ;)

Offline Pip

• +24/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 05:07:55 AM »
Honestly, I think Consuela says it best here.....

Consuela says "No" for about 30 seconds
Give Pip something with a barrel on it, and he will slap Bitches with it.
-Bobthethurd

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 10:09:54 AM »
So Pip, just to be clear, was that a yes? :D

One-Offf Donations

Your help keeps us going!

Donor Subscriptions (NEW!)

Monthly Subscribers make much better Lovers!

Subscribe Here

Teamspeak 3 Server

IP > ts3.petuniaserver.com

Recent

Discord

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2020, 10:17:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2318
  • Total Topics: 407
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 815
  • (January 22, 2020, 10:33:32 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14