Web Analytics

Arma 3 DayZ

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Arma 3 DayZ
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 04:27:17 AM »
Yer I looked into the private hives - seems on the SA game they left it open to exploit and turn the game into a server (just adding a -server launch parameter I think, LOL) and a couple of servers with private hives got set up - But it seems they patched that now, lol.

I'll keep my eye out too tho :) Maybe they will allow private hives sometime - hope so!

Cool!

I wish they had private hives for the SA :(

Same.  I swear I saw some private hives.  I'll keep a look out for them.  It's to bad we couldn't mod the stand alone like the normal mod.  That said...I'm having fun playing the Alpha from time to time.  It's pretty neat and the inventory system is MUCH better than what we have in the mod.

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 01:55:37 AM »
Gotta love the kids that do that.... On a side note...check out Mr.  Mordecai The Fox on the DayZ Alpha.  Saving the world one zombie at a time.

But why are you dressed as Kermit? ???
lol too funny!!!

Shane and I had a nice setup but good old rocket wiped the servers again!

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 02:59:34 AM »
That sucks, 2yys.  So far I'm enjoying the alpha though.  I think it's fun.

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 04:41:59 AM »
Its not bad but we were unable to heal Shane, he ate a rotten banana and got sick lol slowly died.. lol

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 05:32:16 PM »
Its not bad but we were unable to heal Shane, he ate a rotten banana and got sick lol slowly died.. lol

I was sick earlier but...my character somehow has healed of that.  I'm pretty well geared now.  About...200 rounds to my name and everything.  I'm after meds now...I need blood.  Let me know when you guys are on we can try to team up.  :)

Offline Nobody

• +11/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 11:35:50 PM »

Now THAT is too funny ^^^ :D  !!

Offline Nobody

• +11/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2013, 12:32:54 AM »

I was sick earlier but...my character somehow has healed of that.  I'm pretty well geared now.  About...200 rounds to my name and everything.  I'm after meds now...I need blood.  Let me know when you guys are on we can try to team up.  :)

So you think it's good then Mordi? If you think it's good then it's got to be! :) But what is it that is so good about it? Is it better than Epoch then? I did check youtube a few days ago but couldn't really tell from any vids I found.

Offline matty

• +5/-0
  • New Servivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2013, 12:44:09 AM »
can i just say they do have privet hives for SA just no admin powers as of yet

savedbygrace

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2013, 02:31:09 AM »
All SA servers are synched, so no custom stuff or admin controls. But Dean as stated that this will happen in the future, once the game is finished and everything stable.

In it's current state, and I am sure those of you who have sampled it recently may agree, completely kicks the mod out of the park. It lacks probably 80% of it's content(guesstimation there) but has surpassed the mod in so many crucial areas that I truly enjoy playing it and getting killed, just so I can start again as a new character and scavenge with different tactics.

For starters, nearly 85% of structures are open and 50% of vehicles in the streets are lootable(another guesstimation). There are still many of those larger structures that have had some modification but still remain unopened for the most part(can't have 1200 flat apartment buildings dragging down FPS. But, there are high rise apartment buildings now.

The amount of clothing and gear so far, allow for players to truly look like individuals and not cookie cutters off of the BIS floor.

There are only 2 pistols and 2 rifles so far but plenty of melee tools, including a fire extinguisher and shovel, kitchen knife, rocks  and your own fists. In addition, all items will be capable of being thrown.

One of the missing features that they are currently working on to get into the game are the animals and hunting system, which will include crossbows, bow and arrows and plenty of skills to improve on.

Zeds at the moment are way different than the mod but are still in their most basic state (They haven't even begun to tweak them and get them to where they have planned them to be). But that doesn't mean they are not a threat. Players still and will most likely remain the most imminent threat anyhow.

The vault button, what can I say....it allows you to run without funky animation interruption through urban areas with the only factor slowing you down is which way you want to go. When you have no weapons equipped, you run faster than players who do have weapons equipped. So if you spawn in with nothing and some Bambi killing coward wants to make sport of you, you can kick up your heels and leave him guessing where you went. Zeds also are re-animated and can not keep up with unarmed players.

But beware, exhaustion sets in quickly, especially if your hungry or thirsty and continue to neglect your bodies cries for sustenance. It's not worth ignoring your body. Its currently more difficult to happen across antibiotics to combat infectious wounds or terrible decisions to wipe that mold from the rotten kiwi and engulfs its meat. But it's out there, you just have to keep moving and find it.

The best part, you think you know Chernarus but they have added or rebuilt many areas as well as removed some structures from the Arma map. SO you may think you know where that well was in Pushtoka but it may not be there anymore.

Hiking headlamps, gas lanterns, cooking stoves, books that you can actually read from cover to cover in game(I picked up the New Testament and thumbed through it, as well as "The Heart of Darkness" and then also found a Russian translation book to decipher Russian words). IV starter kits, syringes, saline, blood testing kits, the ability to give or take blood from players and certain death if you don't discover your own blood type and put the right blood back into your own body. Disinfectant spray for torturing others or cleaning items. handcuffs, rope and Ductape for securing players. Boxes of cereal, bags of rice, packs of dehydrated milk that have multiple meals, cans of food to open by hand as well as some to open with tools. Soda which quenches your immediate thirst and boost your energy but does little to nothing for your long term sustainability, bottles of water or canteens for refilling. The list goes on and is no where complete.

One of the better features for me though is the use of Arma3 lighting to an extent. Light rays are blocked by geometry which can add tremendous favor to your approach and ambush tactics. Hiding in the shade actually means something now. Using the sun as a backdrop for you hilltop observation will actually provide an extra measure of camouflage, just be careful that it is not low enough to outline your silhouette to the keen eyes of others.

Many bugs but weekly and even daily updates, mean often times, you start over daily but it is so rewarding, it is worth the time. By the time this title is complete, players will truly have an awesome escape from reality.

I think I even heard or read where Dean stated the likelihood of SP game mode potential in the distant future, Mod-ability even. So, there is great hope.

My final advice; Buy it now! Even if you don't play it til some of the bugs are worked out, buy it while its cheap and you won't have to regret not buying it once the cost goes up. BECAUSE, if you like the mod, you will certainly get the SA.

Now, I am off to play some Epoch in Petunia land and try out the 1.0.3.1 stuff.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 02:39:44 AM by savedbygrace »

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2013, 04:05:23 AM »
All SA servers are synched, so no custom stuff or admin controls. But Dean as stated that this will happen in the future, once the game is finished and everything stable.

In it's current state, and I am sure those of you who have sampled it recently may agree, completely kicks the mod out of the park. It lacks probably 80% of it's content(guesstimation there) but has surpassed the mod in so many crucial areas that I truly enjoy playing it and getting killed, just so I can start again as a new character and scavenge with different tactics.

For starters, nearly 85% of structures are open and 50% of vehicles in the streets are lootable(another guesstimation). There are still many of those larger structures that have had some modification but still remain unopened for the most part(can't have 1200 flat apartment buildings dragging down FPS. But, there are high rise apartment buildings now.

The amount of clothing and gear so far, allow for players to truly look like individuals and not cookie cutters off of the BIS floor.

There are only 2 pistols and 2 rifles so far but plenty of melee tools, including a fire extinguisher and shovel, kitchen knife, rocks  and your own fists. In addition, all items will be capable of being thrown.

One of the missing features that they are currently working on to get into the game are the animals and hunting system, which will include crossbows, bow and arrows and plenty of skills to improve on.

Zeds at the moment are way different than the mod but are still in their most basic state (They haven't even begun to tweak them and get them to where they have planned them to be). But that doesn't mean they are not a threat. Players still and will most likely remain the most imminent threat anyhow.

The vault button, what can I say....it allows you to run without funky animation interruption through urban areas with the only factor slowing you down is which way you want to go. When you have no weapons equipped, you run faster than players who do have weapons equipped. So if you spawn in with nothing and some Bambi killing coward wants to make sport of you, you can kick up your heels and leave him guessing where you went. Zeds also are re-animated and can not keep up with unarmed players.

But beware, exhaustion sets in quickly, especially if your hungry or thirsty and continue to neglect your bodies cries for sustenance. It's not worth ignoring your body. Its currently more difficult to happen across antibiotics to combat infectious wounds or terrible decisions to wipe that mold from the rotten kiwi and engulfs its meat. But it's out there, you just have to keep moving and find it.

The best part, you think you know Chernarus but they have added or rebuilt many areas as well as removed some structures from the Arma map. SO you may think you know where that well was in Pushtoka but it may not be there anymore.

Hiking headlamps, gas lanterns, cooking stoves, books that you can actually read from cover to cover in game(I picked up the New Testament and thumbed through it, as well as "The Heart of Darkness" and then also found a Russian translation book to decipher Russian words). IV starter kits, syringes, saline, blood testing kits, the ability to give or take blood from players and certain death if you don't discover your own blood type and put the right blood back into your own body. Disinfectant spray for torturing others or cleaning items. handcuffs, rope and Ductape for securing players. Boxes of cereal, bags of rice, packs of dehydrated milk that have multiple meals, cans of food to open by hand as well as some to open with tools. Soda which quenches your immediate thirst and boost your energy but does little to nothing for your long term sustainability, bottles of water or canteens for refilling. The list goes on and is no where complete.

One of the better features for me though is the use of Arma3 lighting to an extent. Light rays are blocked by geometry which can add tremendous favor to your approach and ambush tactics. Hiding in the shade actually means something now. Using the sun as a backdrop for you hilltop observation will actually provide an extra measure of camouflage, just be careful that it is not low enough to outline your silhouette to the keen eyes of others.

Many bugs but weekly and even daily updates, mean often times, you start over daily but it is so rewarding, it is worth the time. By the time this title is complete, players will truly have an awesome escape from reality.

I think I even heard or read where Dean stated the likelihood of SP game mode potential in the distant future, Mod-ability even. So, there is great hope.

My final advice; Buy it now! Even if you don't play it til some of the bugs are worked out, buy it while its cheap and you won't have to regret not buying it once the cost goes up. BECAUSE, if you like the mod, you will certainly get the SA.

Now, I am off to play some Epoch in Petunia land and try out the 1.0.3.1 stuff.

Nobody,

Pretty much Savedbygrace's post sums up my thoughts exactly.  The standalone kicks the crap out of the mod.  It's beyond fun.  At least I think so.  There are bugs like zombies walking through objects like the old days but hey it's still fun I think.  Hell, in order to do a blood transfusion you have to do the following...

Get a blood test kit to check your blood type.  Find a blood bag or get blood from another person who has the same blood type.  Get the blood bag and IV gear to do it and THEN you can finally get the blood.  But, you literally have to check your blood type.  You need alcohol to clean wounds or you'll get sick possibly.  It's just...nuts!

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2013, 10:26:24 PM »
Well guys I think as of now I like epoch better, but give it time the SA will get better... PS Shane loves the banana!!

Offline Nobody

• +11/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 11:36:36 PM »
Wow! Thanks Savedbygrace for your thesis reply. -Beans to show my appreciation! I understand it now, Mordi! :)

I might be wrong but it sounds like Rocket might have been trying to take it back to it's roots...? -Like trying to make you have to think like you really were in an apocalypse...? I loved all that scavenging around for scraps like a hobo and that sense of complete desperation I got when I first played :D. The attention to detail in the SA sounds cool! I understand why people wanted the challenge of high power AI on Petunia but personally I prefer the scavenging to the adrenaline thing. :) So, I'll defo be keeping my eye on how the SA progresses.

One-Offf Donations

Your help keeps us going!

Donor Subscriptions (NEW!)

Monthly Subscribers make much better Lovers!

Subscribe Here

Teamspeak 3 Server

IP > ts3.petuniaserver.com

Recent

Discord

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 23, 2020, 04:16:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2318
  • Total Topics: 407
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 815
  • (January 22, 2020, 10:33:32 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 7