Web Analytics

Arma 3 DayZ

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
Arma 3 DayZ
« on: December 11, 2013, 02:45:47 AM »
So, I have to ask.  Has anyone who plays on our server tried DayZ on Arma 3 yet?  I know I've seen a few videos within like...two weeks of the games release but I'm crossing my fingers they've managed to get a good solid working mod of the game going on Arma 3. 

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
Re: Arma 3 DayZ
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 03:04:26 AM »
Have not tried it, waiting for a better version of the mod. Was hopping for an Epoch mod!!   ;)

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 03:08:28 AM »
Have not tried it, waiting for a better version of the mod. Was hopping for an Epoch mod!!   ;)

I know what you mean.  Some of the videos I saw I thought it looks pretty cool.   No idea if/when they will do EPOCH on it though.

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 12:29:46 AM »
What ones have you found Mord? Maybe we can start to check them out see if its worth upgrading yet..

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 09:55:57 PM »
They are making an EPOCH for Arma3, BUT...

It seems it won't be based on DayZ! - They're making their own mod for Arma3 ;)

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 11:14:10 PM »
Hhmm I would love to see what they come up with. It may be time to get arma 3 before it go's up $!! :o

Offline Fleck

• +2/-0
  • Boy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 06:56:26 PM »
I have played it and the new game makes it way loads of fun. Zombies and player have ragdoll effects upon death, inventory is way better, the game itself in Chernaurus looks downright beautiful, and it runs so much better than arma 2...and I don't know why. BUT...it is awfully broken...since nearly every gun from arma 2 was ported to arma 3, some guns are not originally what they were...AKs and the AKM types are so broken. (No recoil and shoots farther than CZ with no bullet drop). The hackers are really bad as well. Although the hackers are always banned by steam after they have done their dirty work. If I remember so...backpacks do not work. With a few updates it could hit vanilla dayz and be really awesome.

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 08:27:44 PM »
Thanks for the info! Sounds like a WIP - but one worth keeping an eye on!

I have played it and the new game makes it way loads of fun. Zombies and player have ragdoll effects upon death, inventory is way better, the game itself in Chernaurus looks downright beautiful, and it runs so much better than arma 2...and I don't know why. BUT...it is awfully broken...since nearly every gun from arma 2 was ported to arma 3, some guns are not originally what they were...AKs and the AKM types are so broken. (No recoil and shoots farther than CZ with no bullet drop). The hackers are really bad as well. Although the hackers are always banned by steam after they have done their dirty work. If I remember so...backpacks do not work. With a few updates it could hit vanilla dayz and be really awesome.

Dordevinox

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 01:05:55 PM »

hate those darn hackers -.- ruining DayZ for everyone :(

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 04:59:47 AM by Mike »

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 05:01:26 AM »
Ahhh The Irony!

Posting in a thread about DayZ hackers and dropping an image link to a DayZ Hack site!

Thanks tho, funny image - We'll keep that. You can take your link tho - I'll even explain where you can stick it if you like?

hate those darn hackers -.- ruining DayZ for everyone :(

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 05:03:22 AM by Mike »

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 04:17:37 PM »
Gotta love the kids that do that.... On a side note...check out Mr.  Mordecai The Fox on the DayZ Alpha.  Saving the world one zombie at a time.

Offline Nobody

• +11/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 05:26:43 PM »
Gotta love the kids that do that.... On a side note...check out Mr.  Mordecai The Fox on the DayZ Alpha.  Saving the world one zombie at a time.

But why are you dressed as Kermit? ???

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 07:13:19 PM »

But why are you dressed as Kermit? ???

Because it was the only thing left in the store!  That and a clown mask...which I grabbed (seriously).    :) I found the military helmet, gas mask, hunting pants, military vest and huge back pack in one area...then found the M4A1 so I was set.  I've actually been sneaking around helping survivors.

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 11:49:18 PM »
Cool!

I wish they had private hives for the SA :(

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 03:32:00 AM »
Cool!

I wish they had private hives for the SA :(

Same.  I swear I saw some private hives.  I'll keep a look out for them.  It's to bad we couldn't mod the stand alone like the normal mod.  That said...I'm having fun playing the Alpha from time to time.  It's pretty neat and the inventory system is MUCH better than what we have in the mod.

One-Offf Donations

Your help keeps us going!

Donor Subscriptions (NEW!)

Monthly Subscribers make much better Lovers!

Subscribe Here

Teamspeak 3 Server

IP > ts3.petuniaserver.com

Recent

Discord

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 24, 2019, 01:20:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2317
  • Total Topics: 408
  • Online Today: 12
  • Online Ever: 69
  • (June 22, 2014, 07:48:41 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14