Web Analytics

hackers

Offline marethyu

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
hackers
« on: November 25, 2013, 07:54:28 PM »
couple of uys just got on a group of 4 i think may be hackers...one got kicked trying to spawn in a vehicle

Offline marethyu

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
Re: hackers
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 07:54:57 PM »
they all had militaryesque names

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 08:41:34 PM »
couple of uys just got on a group of 4 i think may be hackers...one got kicked trying to spawn in a vehicle

The vehicle spawn can sometimes be a false positive.  I've seen it say that for some of our regular members just for switching seats in a heli.  That said I've been keeping an eye on the server quietly.  It's why I'm not responding in side...I've already warned two members for their foul language privately.

savedbygrace

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 06:09:12 AM »
Speaking of foul language. I typed in side chat about being r a p e d by zeds and received a warning, yet I see guys typing the F bombs and other unsavory explicatives without pause. I realize that filthy communication is perspective based but how does one know what is acceptable on the server? In my opinion, r a p e d is not a word by which to curse another with but rather a term to explain a situation.

Shane

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 05:15:56 PM »
That word in its whole is bad man. The fact that we use it in common place while talking about situations is terrible. No matter what the circumstance it will never be close to what a actual victim of this goes through. To say you were completely destroyed or that they bent you over or even caught you with your pants down are much better options man.

The use of ***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** in common place deadens us to the reality of the real life thing. You become to think of it subconsciously in a light hearted or lesser manner then the word and situation deserves because people associate it with video gaming accidents etc.

I don't want to rant but from what I've seen on this server about how admins feel about such things I would just suggest not using it even if you dont agree with my aforementioned mini rant. Don't mean to sound like a white knight man but this is easy compared to the story "Nobody" would put lol.

Play safe bro

Offline brendan

• +17/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 07:55:44 PM »
in my opinion there should be no censorship are you actually going to censor yourself i a zombie apocalypse?

savedbygrace

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 11:12:31 PM »
NEWSFLASH! Brendan, it's not an actual apocalypse! Whoah! Censorship is necessary in civilized society (including a gaming society)but different cultures have different views, which brings me back to Shane; Thanks for chiming in bud, but I was NOT actually supporting the use of the term but rather sharing my incident. It's actually weird how you managed to twist that whole thing into a moral topic to represent humans that have been through sexual demoralization like that. I didn't see that coming at all. On a side note, that particular term has more than just a sexual context and pertains to plunder and seizure and taking of by force. But it's all good. I adapt well.

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 11:23:41 PM »
NEWSFLASH! Brendan, it's not an actual apocalypse! Whoah! Censorship is necessary in civilized society (including a gaming society)but different cultures have different views, which brings me back to Shane; Thanks for chiming in bud, but I was NOT actually supporting the use of the term but rather sharing my incident. It's actually weird how you managed to twist that whole thing into a moral topic to represent humans that have been through sexual demoralization like that. I didn't see that coming at all. On a side note, that particular term has more than just a sexual context and pertains to plunder and seizure and taking of by force. But it's all good. I adapt well.

I'm sorry savedbygrace but you are wrong on this one. The word its self is used in WAY too much in the common day now, and many forget that its really used to describe some thing that is a horrifying act.

the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.

That is the true meaning of the word and I see no need for it to be used in the server or any game for that matter.

WAY too many people drop it on the dalie and no idea what impact it can have on someone!

Shane

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 12:06:58 AM »

I'm sorry savedbygrace but you are wrong on this one. The word its self is used in WAY too much in the common day now, and many forget that its really used to describe some thing that is a horrifying act.

the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.

That is the true meaning of the word and I see no need for it to be used in the server or any game for that matter.

WAY too many people drop it on the dalie and no idea what impact it can have on someone!

well put man. beans for you

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 12:16:04 AM »
Hey all :)

Okay - here's the reason that word is banned.

The word r a p e d usually describes, as pointed out by Shane, a horrific act of violence of a sexual nature. Often an attack so disgusting it destroys the lives of those involved. I know there are other possible meanings and that the word has been adopted by the gaming community to mean something else, but this is irrelevant in my eyes.

Imagine for a minute that someone is on the server who has been r a p e d, - quite likely had their life nearly destroyed and, well - look up what that kind of assault does to people if you don't know what I mean.  Then they see people banding the word around like it's just another swear word.

I understand what you mean about other words (fuck etc) but that's different - means something different.

Next time anyone is about to use the word, don't just think about the censorship filter, also think about what you're really about to say - what it means REALLY - especially to anyone that may have been through that kind of assault.

Thanks Savedbygrace - you're a valued player here, and I'm glad you raised the question as we do want people to understand the reason behind this word ban :)

Speaking of foul language. I typed in side chat about being r a p e d by zeds and received a warning, yet I see guys typing the F bombs and other unsavory explicatives without pause. I realize that filthy communication is perspective based but how does one know what is acceptable on the server? In my opinion, r a p e d is not a word by which to curse another with but rather a term to explain a situation.

savedbygrace

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 10:18:50 PM »
I promise I didn't need an explanation Mr. admin. I understood the warning well enough during game play not to type the word again. I only posted to prompt a response from the admins to insert a list of words that will get you booted so that I don't cross that line, since cultures differ, you and I may not see at eye level on what is or is not acceptable in our own circles but I can follow the rules in your circle while I'm there.

That is before those meanie thread jackers teamed up on me and caused me to feel morally inept. Bunch of bullies, you are.  :'(

Seriously though. If one were to commit this atrocity twice, without intention during the same game play, what sort of consequence would that incur?

Sorry fellahs, didn't mean to cause a heated debate.

EDIT: hahahahaha. I just noticed that someone stole some beans from me. Was I that foul?  ;D

Or could I have gotten those taken by someone participating in that other thread, where my words were taken out of context.

It's laughable at how uncomprehending folks can be. :o 

At least I'm tolerated.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 10:25:56 PM by savedbygrace »

Offline Nobody

• +11/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 11:46:43 PM »
Well SavedbyGrace, if you really want a list of expletives sent to your email inbox -I'm sure it can be arranged!!  ;D

And so can everyone who requests it!

Oh and before you get caught out by the 'who are' contraction which accidentally triggers a warning ...we've already had a couple of grumpy threads about that lol!

savedbygrace

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2013, 02:43:08 AM »
Not necessary. I'll simply take my chances. I've only had a warning on one other server before and it was also for a term that I couldn't understand being classified as such, but I can't recall it. As for that last part of your post...I don't quite understand what you're saying.

EDIT: oh wait, I think I understand now. Who are = WHo re...yeah I get that.

Was my post grumpy?

Offline Nobody

• +11/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2013, 02:29:59 PM »
No Savedbygrace, you weren't grumpy at all. Sorry if my [failed] attempt at cheeky humor made you think that! :)  (I always enjoy reading your posts btw)

Offline brendan

• +17/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 08:04:54 PM »
how could you say that we censorship is nessacary i know it is not actulay an apocalypse but the admins say that they want it to be as realistic as possible and i enjoy using the first amendment

edit:NEWSFLASH we are not attacking you we are just simply stating our opinions
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 08:25:18 PM by brendan »

One-Offf Donations

Your help keeps us going!

Donor Subscriptions (NEW!)

Monthly Subscribers make much better Lovers!

Subscribe Here

Teamspeak 3 Server

IP > ts3.petuniaserver.com

Recent

Discord

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2020, 11:30:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2318
  • Total Topics: 407
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 815
  • (January 22, 2020, 10:33:32 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13