Web Analytics

My Ban

Offline matty

• +5/-0
  • New Servivor
    • View Profile
My Ban
« on: November 24, 2013, 10:06:12 PM »
i had no idea people was trying to defend me, I never asked or expected anyone to be on my side after the actions I was involved in.

Yes it was wrong of me for what myself and others have done and I understand hours of real time had gone in to what I so foolishly took away. I am not going to blame it all on the others because I can say no but at that time it was happening I was in a bad place in my own life (I wont bore you with the details) just it had something to do with my new born son and I understand I should of found a new server to be a dick on but I didn't think.

I know you probably think im a prick and will do it again but I wont I just went through a bad patch and I honestly regret what I don't id like to make it up to everyone so please if you could find it in yourself to give me a second chance I would be grateful I miss playing with everyone and I would like the chance to prove I have changed. I understand if you say no but how about a trial to see if im telling the truth.

thanks for your time.

Offline jamiet91

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: My Ban
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 11:39:07 PM »
 ;D yay good to see you've put your self an appeal up dude, and i no matty personally like grew up with him. i no he did some real bad things :( but he is no longer involved with the clan players he was in at the time. he deserves a second chance i no he wont do it again he don''t usually apologize unless he generally means it("to much pride") and i have missed being in game with him lol cuz we worked well as a team on day'z. i will but my own unban on the line here if you give him a trial period and he messes it up you can ban me also. that's how much i no he ain't going to do it again. you guys have sounded very adiment on not unbanning matty. but if you could rethink it and minimum set up a unban vote that would be awsome. i have proved myself on the server and by now i hope u guys don't worry about me doing any form of banditry server to good not to be involved in and with the upcoming bandit camps its going to be  even better. plz plz plz give it a thought guys.

thanks for reading :P

Shane

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 04:21:42 PM »
I'm not sure how I feel about this lol.

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 07:31:03 PM »
i had no idea people was trying to defend me, I never asked or expected anyone to be on my side after the actions I was involved in.

Yes it was wrong of me for what myself and others have done and I understand hours of real time had gone in to what I so foolishly took away. I am not going to blame it all on the others because I can say no but at that time it was happening I was in a bad place in my own life (I wont bore you with the details) just it had something to do with my new born son and I understand I should of found a new server to be a dick on but I didn't think.

I know you probably think im a prick and will do it again but I wont I just went through a bad patch and I honestly regret what I don't id like to make it up to everyone so please if you could find it in yourself to give me a second chance I would be grateful I miss playing with everyone and I would like the chance to prove I have changed. I understand if you say no but how about a trial to see if im telling the truth.

thanks for your time.

I can appreciate you coming to the forums I suppose and at least trying to explain why you did what you ended up doing.  However, I can say my vote is no and that WILL not change.  Mike and I have discussed this in the past about what should be done should a request come up.  He is liable to change his mind if he wishes but I am standing my ground on this one.  You should have considered all of this before running around causing grief.   There will be no vote.  There will be no unban.

Offline brendan

• +17/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 07:48:57 PM »
we want matty back 8)

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 11:26:17 PM »
Well I must admit, I did previously say "No way!" to mordi, and I was very adamant about that - So I may be partly to blame for the 'no way' situation now.

That said I must admit that I'm now on the fence with this one... I mean, Matty you were indeed a VERY cool player on the server for a long time. However that kinda makes what happened WORSE in a way!

Sorry to hear you had personal/family issues, and I really hope that they are resolved and your family are well.

In terms of the unban, as I say, I'm on the fence. If you can convince Mordi, then I'll go with that, however under the circumstances I have to back his decision here - Mordi spends a lot of time checking the server and solving issues - so out of respect to Mr. Mordi, I will go with what he decides.

Offline Pip

• +24/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 01:21:32 AM »
We the people want the Vote. 
Give Pip something with a barrel on it, and he will slap Bitches with it.
-Bobthethurd

savedbygrace

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 01:22:57 AM »
Looks like Mordecai may become the bad guy here but after reading about what all went down, I have to say that you deserve what you get. Things like this are ingrained in someones character and if you were a popular, fun player to everyone how could you turn face and do what you did without conscious, unless you had no intentions of returning and didn't really respect the other players that you knew or the time they invested in their own gaming. So Mordecai and any other player that you harmed during this period are justified in their feelings on the matter.

With that said, I am a firm believer in second and even third chances. I'll not jump behind the lectern and preach to everyone but without forgiveness, none of us would have hope. If people can step outside themselves and see this for what it really is, a community of players getting to know each other, faults and all, and letting others learn from their mistakes, we stand a chance of becoming a closer community where trust is not only earned through action but rubs off on others as well. After all, this is a game, and we are a community of human beings that share a common interest. All other experiences together are icing.

Sorry If I offend.

Offline matty

• +5/-0
  • New Servivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 01:41:35 AM »
thanks for the comments but I disagree its not engraved in our character that's why we have a saying blinded by rage people can change. I was the nicest guy you could meet. id help no matter what I even remember getting my heli blown out the sky trying to help 2 new players and I laughed it off with them. then my son was born and I was chuffed but it didn't last long.
I found out:
he needed to go hospital.
he has exmah
asma
his grandparents steeling from him
I got told I will be a shit dad
and so on that's just a short list that tipped my ass over the edge and im sorry I took it out on the people of this server.
mordi aint going to become the bad guy his doing his job protecting you but I assure you im not that person anymore.

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 03:33:00 PM »
Looks like Mordecai may become the bad guy here but after reading about what all went down, I have to say that you deserve what you get. Things like this are ingrained in someones character and if you were a popular, fun player to everyone how could you turn face and do what you did without conscious, unless you had no intentions of returning and didn't really respect the other players that you knew or the time they invested in their own gaming. So Mordecai and any other player that you harmed during this period are justified in their feelings on the matter.

With that said, I am a firm believer in second and even third chances. I'll not jump behind the lectern and preach to everyone but without forgiveness, none of us would have hope. If people can step outside themselves and see this for what it really is, a community of players getting to know each other, faults and all, and letting others learn from their mistakes, we stand a chance of becoming a closer community where trust is not only earned through action but rubs off on others as well. After all, this is a game, and we are a community of human beings that share a common interest. All other experiences together are icing.

Sorry If I offend.

You're not offending anyone, Grace.  And, you're probably right that I will end up being the bad guy here.  It has happened a few times these last two weeks but I refuse to let this server become like all the other bad ones.  It's very rare that I say no vote because we want the community input.  Hell, most servers change completely without anyones consent.  That said.  My judgement is still no vote.  I'm sorry.  You break the rules.  You're gone.  End of story.  If that makes me the bad guy.  So be it.

Offline brendan

• +17/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 08:02:26 PM »

Sorry If I offend.

You're not offending anyone, Grace.  And, you're probably right that I will end up being the bad guy here.  It has happened a few times these last two weeks but I refuse to let this server become like all the other bad ones.  It's very rare that I say no vote because we want the community input.  Hell, most servers change completely without anyones consent.  That said.  My judgement is still no vote.  I'm sorry.  You break the rules.  You're gone.  End of story.  If that makes me the bad guy.  So be it.
i'm so sorry that you cant get passed a human being stressed out over real life WE ALL WANT A VOTE or at least a majority of us do if you cant get passed the bad things that he has done don't then thats your problem most of us have.

Shane

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 08:36:27 PM »
i'm so sorry that you cant get passed a human being stressed out over real life WE ALL WANT A VOTE or at least a majority of us do if you cant get passed the bad things that he has done don't then thats your problem most of us have.

Hold on don't speak for majority. Mord has every right to have the stance he has. He has to clean up the mess after someone has a bad day etc. He has to listen to us bitch cause people we trusted and ran with on a regular bases decides to be a douche bag and switch names and shoot you in the back. It would be one thing to announce to friends that you roll with that your going full retard that way they know to look out. But when you do dc runs with the people on one name the switch to the other and completely betray them its another altogether.

Bren you were not here when all this went down or if you were you were very new. Don't presume to speak for the majority and don't try and talk down to Mord, Cause he is always fair and works his ass off constantly to ensure when we go to log on everything is peachy. Also From what I understand he is one of the mail financial reasons we have this amazing server to play on period. So not to sound like a rapper but check your self before you wreck yourself lol.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 11:12:57 AM by Mike »

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 08:47:13 PM »

Sorry If I offend.

Brendan, I'm glad you want to have another player back.  That said, you weren't on the server when this occurred as I'm sure the majority don't want him back.  I hate that he was stressed out over real life issues.  I understand that.  However, this wasn't a single day issue...he provoked people day in and day out for about a week or two.  Fucking things up that Mike and myself had to fix.  Believe me, we held back on getting rid of him because we were crossing our fingers he would go back to normal and he did not. 

He switched names...would get rides from friendlies...then log and come back as bandit.  I'm sorry but that's straight up trolling.  He had his chances to change and he didn't.  I'm not willing to risk going through all that again to have another mess to clean up.

Offline Raccoonticus

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 08:50:22 PM »
Here some beans Shane, well said. I too, was new to the server when most of this was going down. I do remember the aftermath however. It wasn't pretty. I am sure Matty helped my newb butt out a few times in the beginning, which when all came to light made it more difficult for me to trust anyone .  I believe it is up to the admins to decide whether or not he should be given a second chance or a vote for a second chance.

savedbygrace

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 10:55:34 PM »
In the end, If I were the one paying most of the bills and I said no; this thread would be closed for discussion.

One-Offf Donations

Your help keeps us going!

Donor Subscriptions (NEW!)

Monthly Subscribers make much better Lovers!

Subscribe Here

Teamspeak 3 Server

IP > ts3.petuniaserver.com

Recent

Discord

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2019, 05:20:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2318
  • Total Topics: 407
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 69
  • (June 22, 2014, 07:48:41 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12