Web Analytics

Hugh jass and Byron

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh jass and Byron
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 11:34:32 PM »
Hi Marethyu!

Sorry for the delay! Been busy with work :( (Not even been on the server for days!).

Are you around tomorrow at around 22:30 UK time? I can be on TS then for a chat (Not sure what timezone you are in).

Re: A PM you've had with Nobody, I think the reference to a 'war' wasn't about what happened with Cason, rather it stems from admins watching you systematically attack Ghast & Nova & their group, shooting up their vehicles/helis for a couple of days or so - seemed like you were trying to get a rise from them and cause arguments etc. This was before the issues with Cason and the problem with Byron changing his name back...

So you see it was a collection of things.

One point I'd like to make is we'd only ever consider putting up a ban appeal vote when we feel the person we banned 'gets it' - As in, they fully understand why they were banned - We're more likely to pop up a vote for someone when they seem to understand why they were banned, and accept that whatever got them banned isn't acceptable on the server, rather than if someone just say's they shouldn't have been banned (No point in un-banning someone if they don't understand what they did wrong really as it will just happen again!). That message is nothing personal to you really, just something to bear in mind for our chat :D

If you can't be about at 22:30 tomorrow UK time, could you let me know a couple of other times you can be about so we can try to get a match?

Offline marethyu

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 12:16:30 AM »
22:00 uk time is like 1700 for me and tomorrow I have a class from 5:30-720(17:30-19:20 my time) I can be around before and after that though

Offline Bobthethurd

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 10:39:30 PM »

Although I've laid all out above, this isn't a refusal to let you back! - I'm just letting all the players know what happened, as there seems to be some confusion as to why you were banned.

What this looks like is a whole heaping mess of guilt by association. You stated a lot of evidence of Byron being shady, so Marethyu gets banned too? The only reason and in fact the only mention of Mareth is that he was also there.

Chiming in with the character witness report: Mareth isn't a jerk. He was trying to PVP and got banned after a whole day. Bring him back. This is silly.

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 11:45:02 PM »
Hi Bob,

We don't ban lightly. He isn't banned be association, he is banned as he was witnessed breaking the rules by more than one admin. Not only the stuff with Cason etc, but also for 2 days prior to this Mare was in a mini griefing war against ghast and others, consistantly shooting at their vehicles.

Added to that he was WITH Byron when Mare was killing, Byron was saying he was friendly - Yet they were teamed, going around together. I know Marethyu say's he is confused by the whole name changing by Byron, they were in voice comms at the time and also the direct & vehicle chat did NOT seem like Mare was confused at all, with Byron saying to us me he was friendly and at his base building, Mare seeming to back him up, and all the time Mare was driving Byron around whilst killing. The banditry coupled with name changing back (the day after being warned about it) AND lying to an admin about what was happening (at the time they were together, both talking to me, NOT just Byron) IS enough for a ban.

We are however considering an appeal, but make no mistake... ANYONE who is found to be causing grief on the server, bringing it down, and putting players off will be banned. We pay for this server in both money and a (more than) considerable amount of time sorting out glitches, updates and mods, so if we feel someone is acting to bring the server down and ruin it for people, we will ban them. Period.

As for saying he was banned 'after a whole day', that's wholly wrong. He raised a red flag for several days and was monitored for a few days prior to the ban.

That said I'm trying to get Mare on TS to discuss his ban appeal.

Although I've laid all out above, this isn't a refusal to let you back! - I'm just letting all the players know what happened, as there seems to be some confusion as to why you were banned.

What this looks like is a whole heaping mess of guilt by association. You stated a lot of evidence of Byron being shady, so Marethyu gets banned too? The only reason and in fact the only mention of Mareth is that he was also there.

Chiming in with the character witness report: Mareth isn't a jerk. He was trying to PVP and got banned after a whole day. Bring him back. This is silly.

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 11:50:11 PM »
Just a reply to one specific comment (below) - Nope. Mare was banned after being observed for several days griefing players, repeatedly going after a group with a grudge. Added to that, he was complicit in Byron's lies about being friendly.

IF players are in a team, causing grief together, YES we do ban both of them. It's important for everyone to realise this so that they don't take part in griefing. Added to that the fact that when Byron was lying to an admin in chat, Mare was with him in-game. It was a partnership and they were both up to the same thing, so both were banned.

You stated a lot of evidence of Byron being shady, so Marethyu gets banned too? The only reason and in fact the only mention of Mareth is that he was also there.

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile

One-Offf Donations

Your help keeps us going!

Donor Subscriptions (NEW!)

Monthly Subscribers make much better Lovers!

Subscribe Here

Teamspeak 3 Server

IP > ts3.petuniaserver.com

Recent

Discord

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2019, 05:51:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2318
  • Total Topics: 407
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 69
  • (June 22, 2014, 07:48:41 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9