Web Analytics

Ban Appeal for Jamiet91 also known ( wattmenig)

Offline jamiet91

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
Ban Appeal for Jamiet91 also known ( wattmenig)
« on: October 18, 2013, 09:18:37 PM »
I've been banned from the server

I understand that I did some bad things on it like killing of heros

just like to post that I did have 2 names which were in use on this server

I had a bandit side come out and I was involved in the robbery at devils castle involving me matty an ninja and 5 other players which were killed in process

I never killed any of them I only drove the car we robbed of them

because my mates already killed them so I went with them.

and not long after that we were being chased by the players and other players that accompanied them

I shot one player out of the heli.

I was NOT involved in any base crimes other then stealing from a ural in an uncomplete base and I shot the tired from that.

I wasn't involved in blowing up ghosts base because after the attack on them at devils I not long after got killed so came back on as my friendly name jamiet91 and I got involved with them at devils castle and they turned out to be cool guys and fun to play with.  that's why I never got involved on there base attack.

and I will admit I did do one thing that im not proud of lol and made me feel abit guilty

I killed an unarmed player which is not the way I play no matter bandit or not.

other then the above I haven't done well to  my knowledge anything should I say illegal on the server

I began setting up a base of my own the last time I played which was 2nights ago

and I decided my banditry run was over and I was goin to stick friendly as I preferd it.

matty n ninja came on yesterday and I was not with them so what ever they did I wasn't involved in

but matty message me saying he n ninja was banned then ive come on to continue my base building to find I also was banned.

I just ask that I get a second chance I mean u all are most likely to appeal that I stay banned.

and u may have lost trust in me as loyal player but im shore that shouldn't be a reason that im banned.

the amount of time ive played friendly must of been aroun 3 to 6 months. compared to my banditry mode must of been a week max

I will stick to only my name jamiet91 and if changed I will accept the ban cladly

but come on guys another run is all it takes to build the trust again

if it makes use feel better use can all sit there an throw cans at me lol

make it equal in a sense

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 05:21:43 PM by 44 »

Offline Nobody

• +11/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Ban Appeal for Jamiet91 also known ( wattmenig)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 12:38:36 AM »
Thank you, Jamie, for putting your point of view on this across.

I'm afraid we banned you as a group because you were playing as a group. Ninja seemed to be albeit the worst of you. So it's not just about you.

We are not sure why you and Matty chose to play as bandits and cause grief on a server that had been your home for months and where you had such a fantastic hero reputation. You could have played as a bandit on some random pvp server instead.

You might be able to tell that we are sad to be loosing two of our (until recently) best players :(

Anyway, it depends on what the other Admins think and most of all what the players feel about it too. And you do realise that you are very unlikely to ever regain the full trust from most of the other players, don't you?

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:15:59 AM by 12 »

Offline jamiet91

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 01:08:13 AM »
thanks for replying and I had a feeling it was because we were together most times. an I see that they caused some distruction on the server but the base damaging stuff ent me I only went on for abit of banditry and it kind of expanded abit to quickly. I mean fair enough keep them banned im happy to play the server alone maybe with free when his on and I no its hard to regain trust but it is possible. and I think I could. all I really need to do is replace the m2 I took from 2yys an his group and replace some building supplys from whoevers ural I got em from.

that's really all that I did I never destroyed anyones base or robbed anything of high importance

if it makes things fair
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:15:59 AM by 44 »

Offline jamiet91

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 01:12:33 AM »
and valid point if I ever feel bandity again ill go jump on a high pvp server lol.

Offline Free

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 12:18:13 AM »
Admins, please refer to my private email because I do not want to call out any names and respect other players. I have to reiterate that I believe Jaime and Hitgirl are innocent enough to lift a ban on both of them. I do not know what exactly happened, but I do know jaime has felt sincere remorse before the ban even became in affect and he should be reconsidered. Please take in full consideration the following argument; months of being a hero, frustration with the server and not actually doing anything against the rules, i.e. glitching or ruing bases (as far as I am aware).

Rg's this goes for you because I understand you were directly affected by this banditry and "stab in back," but being team mates with you, I vouch for Jaime's sincerity and hope you can forgive him, so we can all go on to play as a harmonious whacking machine (:

Good luck Jaime and I hope to see you on soon!

Free
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:15:59 AM by 26 »

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 08:38:41 PM »
 I'm still not sure how I feel on this whole thing, but if I was to take a step back and look at this from a rule stand point. I do not think what Jaime did was ban able, stabbing us in the back ad DC is a piss off but just a bandit move not a ban able move.

With that said I'm not the one with all the raw data/logs. I still don't know if Jaime was part of the base destruction or not, I'm only going by what he has told the RG team and I. I don't know if I trust him enough at this point to say he should be unbanned.

I don't really know what more to say, just lets make sure we have all the info. But as always this is up to the Admins if they feel that Jaime was part of it then so be it I back them %100. If they feel that Jaime just acted as a bandit, I see no need for him to be banned then.

I will say [RG] 2yys will always be a friendly player on this sever unless I'm defending my self!

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:15:59 AM by 8 »

Offline Nobody

• +11/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 11:49:21 PM »
Thanks Free for your email. (sorry that our ability to email back is broken right now!)

I'm also sorry that we have been slow at replying here. The admins haven't had a chance to properly discuss this because of all the work with the latest update.

Not knowing fully what the other Admins think just yet, I would say if you could get as many players, both "for" and "against", to post their opinions here in the meantime, so we can have a good idea of what players think about it, that would be great. :)

Although Jamie MAY not have actually broken any rules himself; his group did. We tend to ban whole groups due to past experience. This may seem unfair but it is for two reasons:

1) The remaining (unbanned) members of a group can enact 'revenge' on the server for the other members being banned.

2) If a player knows their friend is doing something that's wrong, they should speak up and not just go along and watch. That is not being innocent. We want the server to police itself as much as possible, to leave us admins free to fix serious issues. So if you do something that could also make your friend get banned, it might make people stop and think about what they are doing.

That might clarify for you why we made the decision to ban all of them and therefore Jamie.

It is really not easy making decisions like this though as I'm sure you guys understand. We only try to do what is best for all of our players on the server as a whole. But we are always interested in having a discussion about things. So please please, players, carry on posting your views here.

We are really interested in what all players think and if enough players post their views here, the decision could be influenced. It would have to be a SERIOUS majority though!

Offline jamiet91

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 01:13:26 AM »
i think the first reason is wrong, I am not a revenge full person and you also shouldn't blame every person within a group if that player hasn't done anything wrong as we are individual players i think you should give players a warning that there team mates have been banned and if they are to persist on causing issues only then should it be fair to ban them. It should only be fair that you judge players as individuals I mean. I don't go to Afghan and say all the citizens are terrorists because some of there friends are.

Offline Nobody

• +11/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 01:47:38 AM »
Mike here (using Nobody's account!).

You make a partially valid point, however in your example, rather than saying all citizens are terrorists, it should be more compared to banning someone that has teamed up with several terrorists, known they had killed others, and blown vehicles up - then said they only did the driving...

I do get your point, and as Nobody said, we're willing to open this up to debate!

Let's wait to hear what the consensus is first, as I think that's only fair.

Quote:

Quote from jamiet91 on Mon, 21 Oct 2013 01:13

i think the first reason is wrong, I am not a revenge full person and you also shouldn't blame every person within a group if that player hasn't done anything wrong as we are individual players i think you should give players a warning that there team mates have been banned and if they are to persist on causing issues only then should it be fair to ban them. It should only be fair that you judge players as individuals I mean. I don't go to Afghan and say all the citizens are terrorists because some of there friends are.

Offline jamiet91

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 05:43:39 AM »
I agree lol hopefully goes well n driving I did do wasn't involved in destroying base I was there when they died  at dc I never killed em the only griefing i did was the the ural I robbed building supply's from. n 2yys n his friends were the guys involved in the DC banditry n i spoke with him that i Intended to buy him an m2 in replacement for his. the guy whose base i robbed from is an unknown player to me. so other then the 2 posts I've got from free and 2yys i can't imagin anyone else voting for the unban so all iask is for a second shot on the server if u guys expect anything illegal regarding bases an clitching by all means ban me. maybe i can prove my point that not every player of a group acts in revenge. nut thanks for considering the unban not many admins do that to my knowledge

Offline jamiet91

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 05:45:47 AM »
an good come back from my example i felt all smart putting that lol

Offline jamiet91

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 05:47:00 AM »
n if i do get unbanned will the last base i made located around by NE airstrip b there lol

Offline Mordecai The Fox

• +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 11:03:13 AM »

Quote:

Quote from jamiet91 on Mon, 21 Oct 2013 01:13

I follow this rule in normal every day life.  However, on DayZ I do not.  Way to many trolls/hackers/asshats have used that way to do more harm to the server.  Anytime we would ban a hacker or anything in the past, his friends who were still on caused as much chaos as possible before leaving.  So, from that point on ANYONE caught cheating,hacking or trolling would be banned ALONG with all of his teammates.

There would be certain instances where that wouldn't apply.  Such as with Free as he didn't join the server with you and Matty to my knowledge.  That said...it should put this in the minds of all players.  If you do something stupid...you will ruin the fun for your friends as well.  I can't speak for Mike or Nobody...or for the players for that matter but that is my own form of justice for this matter.

re: the base.  There was one close to the NEAF that I personally destroyed that Matty and Ninja were always at as their base of operations.  If that's the one then no.  I leveled it two days ago after we gave the gear away.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:15:59 AM by 3 »

Offline jamiet91

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 04:50:39 PM »
haha lol fair enough and am I goin to get another shot. I ain't goin to go on just to get banned again I've been trying for three days now to get unbanned. I mean I understand about the reason you are doing this. but I'd rather no that im not getting unbanned and try find a server equivalent to yours. why is it so hard just to allow me a second chance lol i written everything i can think of to get a shot. lol when would i finally no when i am or not unbanned guys.  

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 09:50:58 PM »
Hi Jamiet.

Okay, later this eve I'm going to set-up a public vote for this one, and we'll let the player base decide.

The vote is for you, and you alone. Matty, Ninja, and Hit girl (F.U.B.A.R) remain banned. I witnessed those 3 rolling around in a Vod causing shit, and then also witnessed F.U.B.A.R then pretending she shot at them and stole their Vod - all just childish shit designed to grief, so they can't appeal.

I'll pop a vote for you up asap, but have a few issues on the server to fix first that desperately need sorted (re: the 1.0.2.4 update!).

Thanks,

Mike.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:15:59 AM by 6 »

One-Offf Donations

Your help keeps us going!

Donor Subscriptions (NEW!)

Monthly Subscribers make much better Lovers!

Subscribe Here

Teamspeak 3 Server

IP > ts3.petuniaserver.com

Recent

Discord

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2019, 04:07:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2318
  • Total Topics: 407
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 69
  • (June 22, 2014, 07:48:41 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20