Web Analytics

Ban Appeal: ELITExKILLER

Offline ELITExKILLER

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
Ban Appeal: ELITExKILLER
« on: October 13, 2013, 02:41:16 AM »
Yeah. I know what I've said was wrong. I never really do that. I understand clearly why I was banned, but why were they so surprised I said that? It happens all of the time online and in games. I'm not blaming the internet for this. I know it was wrong to say what I did. All I ask is if you give me just ONE more chance. Maybe you could leave me banned for about 24 hours? After that, it could be my last chance. I'm sorry about what I said. Me and King had a pretty nice base on this server.

I'm not blaming anything or anyone but me for this. I know it's not right to say that. But I was just joking. I'm truly sorry. If you give me a second chance, I'll never swear or do anything bad on the server. I swear to god. I know people got offended, but I don't see a reason to banned me. There's the Admin language warning system. I didn't know that was there. If I went onto another server and said this, I'd be fine. I've swore on other servers. Just not this one word. My friend makes ***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** jokes on this other server we play on and he's fine. Not bringing him into this though. I understand why I got banned, but why ban me? I didn't know the admin language warning system was there. I saw the red warning text when I said it. I wasn't going to say it again. I love this server because It's fun to ram through tons of AI at crash sites. The base building is good as well. I'm truly sorry for what I've said. But please, just don't leave it a perma ban. At least 48 hours. I just wish to play on here again. If you give me a second chance, I won't even talk to other players. Like I said, I know it's wrong, but please just don't make it a perma ban. I honestly mean it. I will never say anything like this again. I'll be a polite person. I'll do anything to get un-banned. Just please give me a 2nd chance. I promise not to do anything bad. I won't even swear. I'll barely even talk either. I'll only talk to help players. Just please give me a 2nd chance. I didn't know the language warning system was there. I saw the warning, and I understood that I shouldn't say stuff like that again. If there's a language warning system, I don't think I should be banned on my first offense. I understand that it's wrong, but I seriously won't say anything like that again.

Sincerely,

Elite
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 05:24:36 PM by 39 »

Offline 2yys

• Admin
  • +1008/-100
    • View Profile
    • The Restricted Gamerzz
Re: Ban Appeal: ELITExKILLER
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 04:00:15 PM »
I vote no unban.

Your whole attitude towards other players is horrible, from what I seen before you were banned.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:23:25 PM by 8 »

Offline ELITExKILLER

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 04:31:36 PM »

Quote:

Quote from (RG) 2yys on Sun, 13 Oct 2013 16:00

I vote no unban.

Your whole attitude towards other players is horrible, from what I seen before you were banned.

That was ONE thing I said. I've been nice to everyone else but that ONE person.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:16:34 PM by 39 »

Offline Nobody

• +11/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 07:52:36 PM »
I don’t quite believe my eyes! Why am I seeing a ban appeal where I should be seeing an apology to Marethyu’s girlfriend?

You and your friends really have no idea why you were banned, do you?

“I’ve said a naughty word, I won’t say it again. Please unban me”. You don’t get the gravity of what you’ve done. You threatened to do a most unspeakably horrific thing to a person. Who cares if it was dressed up as a joke. ***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** is NEVER funny. Who cares if it’s “on the internet”. The internet is still real life, with REAL people.

I am lucky to have never been a victim of ***WARNING - BANNED WORD***, but if your Mom had been or if your sister or girlfriend or you, for that matter, had ever suffered such an attack, I doubt very much whether you’d be making such jokes about it. After all, ***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** seems to be about power and the degradation and humiliation of another Human Being that continues to carry on psychologically long after the event.

Yes, nowadays, on the internet so called ‘***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** jokes’ are prolific and songs like ‘Blurred Lines’ (a song about discounting the need for proper sexual consent) top the charts. The proliferation of this kind of stuff is making it seem ‘normal’ and is spreading these attitudes into our culture at large. Just because something may seem normal and wide-spread, does not make it ok. On the contrary, because people are getting numb to such a thing –it is every reason why you should be standing up against it!

You may not be the type of person that would ***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** someone, but by making jokes about it and by not criticising those that do it, you are helping to spread a culture where ***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** is condoned and trivialised and where ***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** victims are belittled.

People that have been on this server for a while know that we don’t actually give a damn about swearing as such. We have pretty foul mouths ourselves in real life. But what we DO care about is RESPECT. –Respect to everyone on the server. And this is what defines the words we have chosen to go into our language filter. You might notice that words like “shit” and “fuck” ARE permitted for that reason and yet words that may seem innocuous are not allowed because of their derogatory meaning.

People sadly, tend to use the word ‘***WARNING - BANNED WORD***’ in DayZ to describe being killed by zombies or having all their gear stolen by AI! This is the sort of thing that our language filter is designed to warn people about. This is a pretty glib use of a word which describes an harrowing real life experience for those that survive it. Use this word to describe being killed or stolen from in DayZ and you will get an auto-warning on our server. Use it a third time like this (and I stress the ‘like this’ bit) and you will get an auto-kick. Use it a fourth time and you will get auto-banned.

But this is NOT how you used the word, is it? Anyone found by an admin (rather than a dumb computer language filter) threatening to actually ‘***WARNING - BANNED WORD***’ someone or who makes a so called ‘***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** joke’ is just banned. End of story! We don’t want people like that on our server. The computer generated warning you got is totally irrelevant here. It is sad that we even have to spell that out. You will probably find it’s even a criminal offence in your country, and should we forward the recorded chat and IP address details on to a relevant authority, you'd likely be paid a visit.

Elite, when you first got onto our server, I watched you trust and team up with another random player and bust a gut to look out for him etc, and I thought: “Looks like we got a cool new and valuable player on our server”. So, we’ve lost out on a potentially great new player and you have lost out on being part of our server. What a shame!(and that’s not meant as sarcasm!) I won’t go as far as saying this is an amazing server or anything because we have had our fair share of balls-ups, but we have some very fantastic players that will go out of their way for you if you are a sound player. And we do think you'll be very hard pushed to find admins that care so much about their regular players anywhere else.

So this is a pretty long and exhaustive post. Funnily enough, I DON’T WANT TO BE HAVING THIS DISCUSSION! Funnily enough, Admins want to be playing DayZ, not having moral debates! I’ve made this post as thorough as I can so that I NEVER, EVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS SUBJECT AGAIN!! For anyone else reading this who doesn’t ‘get’ this or who just doesn’t agree then please find another sever to play on. We all know that there are plenty of trashy servers out there that will be happy to accommodate you.

In a perfect world, I personally like to give people second chances. I don’t actually think you are a bad person or anything, just naïve. If you want to do anything to redeem yourself then consider writing an apology to Marethyu’s girlfriend. She deserves a proper apology. You can send it to us here nobody@petuniaserver.com (that is a real email address by the way!!) If you do it well, ie research the subject properly, gain an insight into how ***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** victims are made to feel, imagine it from their perspective, say what effect joking about it has on people and wider society, and say that you are truly sorry to HER and actually mean it, then you will gain a huge amount of respect. If you do it well, then maybe she, and Marethyu (as the comment was directed to him - think how that made HIM feel too!), will be interested in accepting your apology (I haven’t actually asked them yet). I’d like to think you’d do this regardless of your ban appeal outcome. You might learn something from it, and so might we.

The problem is, is that even if the experience really changed your attitude to the subject and we un-banned you, there maybe a few players that in some small way think that we are condoning what you did. And therefore make it a tiny bit more acceptable for other players to do in the future. There maybe even some players that give you a little virtual pat on the back and have a little chuckle about it. So that’s why I would only be half up for you being unbanned and the other two Admins are just dead against it. So really, in truth, there are two and a half admins out of three that want you to remain banned. Really you’d need all three of us to be 100% up for you coming back. You may not like this, although, you might understand it.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:19:03 PM by 12 »

Offline ELITExKILLER

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 10:19:15 PM »

Quote:

Quote from Nobody on Sun, 13 Oct 2013 19:52

Elite, when you first got onto our server, I watched you trust and team up with another random player and bust a gut to look out for him etc, and I thought: “Looks like we got a cool new and valuable player on our server”. So, we’ve lost out on a potentially great new player and you have lost out on being part of our server. What a shame!(and that’s not meant as sarcasm!) I won’t go as far as saying this is an amazing server or anything because we have had our fair share of balls-ups, but we have some very fantastic players that will go out of their way for you if you are a sound player. And we do think you'll be very hard pushed to find admins that care so much about their regular players anywhere else.

I know. I know I fucked up. I understand why I am banned. My friends do too. I can understand clearly why you wouldn't want me back on the server. I am sorry though. I couldn't imagine the feeling knowing you've gotten ***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** or someone you know did. I'll stay banned. Take my punishment. I'll mail an apology later. I just want to say sorry to Marethyu’s girlfriend and Marethyu. I'll take my punishment of a perma ban. I'll miss you guys on that server. (Not gonna make this a sob story) The server did have good admins. Players were polite. I'm sorry guys. Take care on the server Nobody. And you too Marethyu. Take care of your girl. I'm sorry guys.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:21:33 PM by 39 »

Offline Nobody

• +11/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 03:21:15 PM »

Quote:

Quote from ELITExKILLER on Sun, 13 Oct 2013 22:19

I know. I know I fucked up. I understand why I am banned. My friends do too. I can understand clearly why you wouldn't want me back on the server. I am sorry though. I couldn't imagine the feeling knowing you've gotten ***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** or someone you know did. I'll stay banned. Take my punishment. I'll mail an apology later. I just want to say sorry to Marethyu’s girlfriend and Marethyu. I'll take my punishment of a perma ban. I'll miss you guys on that server. (Not gonna make this a sob story) The server did have good admins. Players were polite. I'm sorry guys. Take care on the server Nobody. And you too Marethyu. Take care of your girl. I'm sorry guys.

Well done for handling that like you did, Elite. You should be commended for your reaction. You genuinely have my respect.

I wish you the very best. :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:23:25 PM by 12 »

Offline ELITExKILLER

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 11:31:37 PM »

Quote:

Quote from Nobody on Mon, 14 Oct 2013 15:21

Quote:

Quote from ELITExKILLER on Sun, 13 Oct 2013 22:19

Well done for handling that like you did, Elite. You should be commended for your reaction. You genuinely have my respect.

I wish you the very best. :)

Yea. I'll miss you though. There's always more servers. I wish the best for all of the players on the server. Hope everything goes well for the admins and players.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:23:25 PM by 39 »

Offline ELITExKILLER

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 06:44:38 PM »
Hi again. Just stopping by >.>

Offline brendan

• +17/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 08:22:20 PM »

<div class="bbcode_quote">
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Quote from Nobody on Sun, 13 Oct 2013 19:52

</div>
</div>

WHAT THE HELL DO YOUR FREINDS HAVE TO DO WITH THIS

Offline ELITExKILLER

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 08:25:16 PM »

<div class="bbcode_quote">
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Quote from Nobody on Sun, 13 Oct 2013 19:52

</div>
</div>

WHAT THE HELL DO YOUR FREINDS HAVE TO DO WITH THIS

Idek. This was months ago.

Offline brendan

• +17/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 08:25:33 PM »
Yeah. I know what I've said was wrong. I never really do that. I understand clearly why I was banned, but why were they so surprised I said that? It happens all of the time online and in games. I'm not blaming the internet for this. I know it was wrong to say what I did. All I ask is if you give me just ONE more chance. Maybe you could leave me banned for about 24 hours? After that, it could be my last chance. I'm sorry about what I said. Me and King had a pretty nice base on this server.

I'm not blaming anything or anyone but me for this. I know it's not right to say that. But I was just joking. I'm truly sorry. If you give me a second chance, I'll never swear or do anything bad on the server. I swear to god. I know people got offended, but I don't see a reason to banned me. There's the Admin language warning system. I didn't know that was there. If I went onto another server and said this, I'd be fine. I've swore on other servers. Just not this one word. My friend makes ***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** jokes on this other server we play on and he's fine. Not bringing him into this though. I understand why I got banned, but why ban me? I didn't know the admin language warning system was there. I saw the red warning text when I said it. I wasn't going to say it again. I love this server because It's fun to ram through tons of AI at crash sites. The base building is good as well. I'm truly sorry for what I've said. But please, just don't leave it a perma ban. At least 48 hours. I just wish to play on here again. If you give me a second chance, I won't even talk to other players. Like I said, I know it's wrong, but please just don't make it a perma ban. I honestly mean it. I will never say anything like this again. I'll be a polite person. I'll do anything to get un-banned. Just please give me a 2nd chance. I promise not to do anything bad. I won't even swear. I'll barely even talk either. I'll only talk to help players. Just please give me a 2nd chance. I didn't know the language warning system was there. I saw the warning, and I understood that I shouldn't say stuff like that again. If there's a language warning system, I don't think I should be banned on my first offense. I understand that it's wrong, but I seriously won't say anything like that again.

Sincerely,

Elite

Just a quick question why are you using other servers as evidence that you should be unbanned?

Offline brendan

• +17/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 08:27:09 PM »
I don’t quite believe my eyes! Why am I seeing a ban appeal where I should be seeing an apology to Marethyu’s girlfriend?

You and your friends really have no idea why you were banned, do you?

“I’ve said a naughty word, I won’t say it again. Please unban me”. You don’t get the gravity of what you’ve done. You threatened to do a most unspeakably horrific thing to a person. Who cares if it was dressed up as a joke. ***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** is NEVER funny. Who cares if it’s “on the internet”. The internet is still real life, with REAL people.

I am lucky to have never been a victim of ***WARNING - BANNED WORD***, but if your Mom had been or if your sister or girlfriend or you, for that matter, had ever suffered such an attack, I doubt very much whether you’d be making such jokes about it. After all, ***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** seems to be about power and the degradation and humiliation of another Human Being that continues to carry on psychologically long after the event.

Yes, nowadays, on the internet so called ‘***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** jokes’ are prolific and songs like ‘Blurred Lines’ (a song about discounting the need for proper sexual consent) top the charts. The proliferation of this kind of stuff is making it seem ‘normal’ and is spreading these attitudes into our culture at large. Just because something may seem normal and wide-spread, does not make it ok. On the contrary, because people are getting numb to such a thing –it is every reason why you should be standing up against it!

You may not be the type of person that would ***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** someone, but by making jokes about it and by not criticising those that do it, you are helping to spread a culture where ***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** is condoned and trivialised and where ***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** victims are belittled.

People that have been on this server for a while know that we don’t actually give a damn about swearing as such. We have pretty foul mouths ourselves in real life. But what we DO care about is RESPECT. –Respect to everyone on the server. And this is what defines the words we have chosen to go into our language filter. You might notice that words like “shit” and “fuck” ARE permitted for that reason and yet words that may seem innocuous are not allowed because of their derogatory meaning.

People sadly, tend to use the word ‘***WARNING - BANNED WORD***’ in DayZ to describe being killed by zombies or having all their gear stolen by AI! This is the sort of thing that our language filter is designed to warn people about. This is a pretty glib use of a word which describes an harrowing real life experience for those that survive it. Use this word to describe being killed or stolen from in DayZ and you will get an auto-warning on our server. Use it a third time like this (and I stress the ‘like this’ bit) and you will get an auto-kick. Use it a fourth time and you will get auto-banned.

But this is NOT how you used the word, is it? Anyone found by an admin (rather than a dumb computer language filter) threatening to actually ‘***WARNING - BANNED WORD***’ someone or who makes a so called ‘***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** joke’ is just banned. End of story! We don’t want people like that on our server. The computer generated warning you got is totally irrelevant here. It is sad that we even have to spell that out. You will probably find it’s even a criminal offence in your country, and should we forward the recorded chat and IP address details on to a relevant authority, you'd likely be paid a visit.

So this is a pretty long and exhaustive post. Funnily enough, I DON’T WANT TO BE HAVING THIS DISCUSSION! Funnily enough, Admins want to be playing DayZ, not having moral debates! I’ve made this post as thorough as I can so that I NEVER, EVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS SUBJECT AGAIN!! For anyone else reading this who doesn’t ‘get’ this or who just doesn’t agree then please find another sever to play on. We all know that there are plenty of trashy servers out there that will be happy to accommodate you.

In a perfect world, I personally like to give people second chances. I don’t actually think you are a bad person or anything, just naïve. If you want to do anything to redeem yourself then consider writing an apology to Marethyu’s girlfriend. She deserves a proper apology. You can send it to us here nobody@petuniaserver.com (that is a real email address by the way!!) If you do it well, ie research the subject properly, gain an insight into how ***WARNING - BANNED WORD*** victims are made to feel, imagine it from their perspective, say what effect joking about it has on people and wider society, and say that you are truly sorry to HER and actually mean it, then you will gain a huge amount of respect. If you do it well, then maybe she, and Marethyu (as the comment was directed to him - think how that made HIM feel too!), will be interested in accepting your apology (I haven’t actually asked them yet). I’d like to think you’d do this regardless of your ban appeal outcome. You might learn something from it, and so might we.

The problem is, is that even if the experience really changed your attitude to the subject and we un-banned you, there maybe a few players that in some small way think that we are condoning what you did. And therefore make it a tiny bit more acceptable for other players to do in the future. There maybe even some players that give you a little virtual pat on the back and have a little chuckle about it. So that’s why I would only be half up for you being unbanned and the other two Admins are just dead against it. So really, in truth, there are two and a half admins out of three that want you to remain banned. Really you’d need all three of us to be 100% up for you coming back. You may not like this, although, you might understand it.

well said beans for you

Offline ELITExKILLER

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 08:35:30 PM »
I'm so confused /.\

Offline savedbygrace

• +20/-5
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ofpec.com
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 10:36:42 PM »
Yeah, myself also. Brendan must be overlooking the dates of each post.

Offline brendan

• +17/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 10:40:55 PM »
wait i am well i dun fucked up

One-Offf Donations

Your help keeps us going!

Donor Subscriptions (NEW!)

Monthly Subscribers make much better Lovers!

Subscribe Here

Teamspeak 3 Server

IP > ts3.petuniaserver.com

Recent

Discord

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2019, 01:42:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2318
  • Total Topics: 409
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 69
  • (June 22, 2014, 07:48:41 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12