Web Analytics

[NOx] Bonzo and Gonzo

[NOx] Bonzo and Gonzo
« on: September 30, 2013, 03:30:02 PM »
When I logged on to the server this morning I played for about 15 minutes then was kicked off for the reason NOx clan has been banned. I was logged on as [PFO] Fancyfork. When I look through my profiles on ARMA i discovered [NOx] Bonzo. I went to question my younger sibling he said when I was at work yesterday he and his friend [NOx] Bonzo changed my names as well as Horifiic so they could be bandits. I very well assure that Horifiic and I were not on. Also, after reading Gravvy's post on the forum we do not have hacks that our siblings could use so therefore the "Teleporting" is not true. But Horiific and I would like to become unbanned and [NOx] should not be punished for our siblings actions. If this is a reoccurring problem please let me know. I am really sorry for our siblings childish acts it wont happen again.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 05:37:52 PM by 34 »

Offline Nobody

• +11/-0
    • View Profile
Re: [NOx] Bonzo and Gonzo
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 10:58:16 AM »
[PFO] Horrifiic/[NOx] Gonzo was banned for having a hacked weapon and not for being a bandit (bandits are welcome on our server). We have a zero-tolerance of hacking, not just because it's bad sportsmanship but because hackers can do a lot of damage on a server. We have all played on servers or seen youtube vids where hackers wreak havoc. And with Epoch base building there is even more at stake for players to loose through hacks.

You may have noticed that we have a really cool community of regular players on our server. That's mainly because we are lucky to have such great people on our server, but also because we try to run the server the very best we can.

Everyone is welcome to be part of that community except those that break our rules. And not hacking is very certainly one of our rules (please see our rules thread on this forum).

We have banned the rest of the [NOx] name-tag wearing players due to association with a hacker because we do not take risks with hackers, but nor do we ban people lightly either. We expect all players on our server to report hacking even if they only suspect it -so it can be looked into properly.

Friendly advice for when you play on other servers: Your GUID is your responsibility. Employ an adequate security solution to protect it.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:58:16 AM by 12 »

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 03:07:49 PM »
What hacked weapons did we have?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 03:07:49 PM by 34 »

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 03:29:33 PM »
One of the two had an NLAW...

After first telling me it was from a box the admin (ME!) had spawned in, and after I told him it wasn't, and explained that I wrote the sqf scripts to fill said boxes MANUALLY, and so know EXACTLY what was in them, he said he'd drop the NLAW, but was busy at the time, so would drop it asap...

What he did instead was sign-in under a different username, and keep the weapon - Presumably thinking we wouldn't notice?

Quote:

Quote from MrFancyfork on Tue, 01 Oct 2013 15:07

What hacked weapons did we have?

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 03:29:33 PM by 6 »

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 05:28:50 PM »
We had received a chinook from BoomBoomHaHa with all the weapons in it then he continued to tell us that he received all the weapons in the Heli from you after the event.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 05:28:50 PM by 34 »

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 05:33:47 PM »
At least can you please question BoomBoom because we received it from him we didn't spawn it. And me and horifiic got off and our brothers got on and changed our names. We didnt try to hide from you we were in the woods and being shot at by AI when you asked us to drop it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 05:33:47 PM by 34 »

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 11:20:11 AM »
Hi Fancyfork,

I will do one better than that... I'll ask Boomboom, and also check the logs - we save them ;)

Quote:

Quote from MrFancyfork on Tue, 01 Oct 2013 17:33

At least can you please question BoomBoom because we received it from him we didn't spawn it. And me and horifiic got off and our brothers got on and changed our names. We didnt try to hide from you we were in the woods and being shot at by AI when you asked us to drop it.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:20:11 AM by 6 »

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 05:20:50 PM »
Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 05:20:50 PM by 34 »

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 05:47:16 PM »
Thank you MrFancyFork, but from the response of the admins here, it seems they do not wish to listen to their players, rather just silence them and carry on with this mindset. I would advise staying away from this server indefinitely.

Admin Edit He is referring to this:

http://www.petuniaserver.com/forum/server-discussion-group1/ban-appeals-forum5/nox-banned-for-no-apparent-reason-thread95/
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 05:47:16 PM by 32 »

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 06:56:56 PM »
Actually Gravvy, we DO listen to our players! In fact, we listen careful to all players.

Many of our players have expressed concerns about your clan, from the two who you say were not part of your clan, through to the rest of you for trolling.

Regarding listening - if you check the thread, you'll see that far from ignoring people, when the guy we banned requested we ask another player, instead of saying we'll do just that, we also have said we'll go into the logs from the day in question, and analyse them to try to find out what's going on!

How the hell is that ignoring players?

Quote:

Quote from Gravvy on Thu, 03 Oct 2013 17:47

Thank you MrFancyFork, but from the response of the admins here, it seems they do not wish to listen to their players, rather just silence them and carry on with this mindset. I would advise staying away from this server indefinitely.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 06:56:56 PM by 6 »

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 07:47:08 PM »
Have you read into the logs Mike? Just wondering.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:47:08 PM by 34 »

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 08:20:50 PM »
Hi MrFancyFork,

I have checked the logs, and can confirm that BoomBoom had an NLAW - I'll be questioning him about this immediately.

One issue we have to resolve is that when you were asked to drop the NLAW, you said you were busy and would do so asap - however an Admin spectated you at the time... You were laid on the floor in an industrial building.

Moreover, you didn't drop the NLAW afterwards.

In short, you were asked to drop the NLAW, you said you couldn't right now as you were busy (laid on the floor!), and then you kept hold of the NLAW when you logged. This alone is enough for a ban - Couple that with name-switching - which isn't in itself wrong, but does make the whole thing look more suspicious.

I will be asking our players for their thoughts before deciding on the appeal, as I think that's only fair, as they are the ones that have to deal with this stuff in-game.

I'll try to hurry up the process, and get a final decision by the weekend - I hope you think that's fair?

Re: BoomBoom - I'll be questioning him too, don't worry ;)

I am also investigating the spawn boxes.

Quote:

Quote from MrFancyfork on Thu, 03 Oct 2013 19:47

Have you read into the logs Mike? Just wondering.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 08:20:50 PM by 6 »

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 01:37:59 AM »
Ok thank you I can understand your concern I have seen hackers destroy servers, but we had forgotten about the NLAW and did not intend on keeping it we had gotten so caught up in trying to find the bandits that we completely forgot to drop it I understand this is completely our fault and I understand if we don't get unbanned. :(
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:37:59 AM by 34 »

Offline Ash

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 12:53:49 PM »
Gravvy, as i have said in another post, the members of your clan that were attempting to grief our group was not players named Bonzo or Gonzo, and i think i speak for the majority of the regular players that have frequented this server when i say that the admin here are fair, hard working and not abusive of their positions, and quite frankly i take offence to you questioning their integrity.

So that said, i bid you good riddance, and f*ck you, you gynormous c*ckmunching parasitic f**kt4rd.

Sincerely, Ash.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 12:53:49 PM by 19 »

Offline Mike

• +259/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 09:46:17 PM »
Hahahaha :D

As you can probably see, 'our Ash' is the calming influence of our community :D

I think this does highlight tho Gravvy - We DO listen to our players, and we DO have a community :)

Quote:

Quote from Ash on Fri, 04 Oct 2013 12:53

Gravvy, as i have said in another post, the members of your clan that were attempting to grief our group was not players named Bonzo or Gonzo, and i think i speak for the majority of the regular players that have frequented this server when i say that the admin here are fair, hard working and not abusive of their positions, and quite frankly i take offence to you questioning their integrity.

So that said, i bid you good riddance, and f*ck you, you gynormous c*ckmunching parasitic f**kt4rd.

Sincerely, Ash.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:46:17 PM by 6 »

One-Offf Donations

Your help keeps us going!

Donor Subscriptions (NEW!)

Monthly Subscribers make much better Lovers!

Subscribe Here

Teamspeak 3 Server

IP > ts3.petuniaserver.com

Recent

Discord

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2019, 05:18:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2318
  • Total Topics: 409
  • Online Today: 13
  • Online Ever: 69
  • (June 22, 2014, 07:48:41 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11